Finally finding my way out...

by cognac 46 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Darth Bane, tell me, why are you here? You acknowledge this is a board filled with apostates. Then why are you here? Do you have a beef with Jehovah's Witnesses? Do the Elders in your congregation know that you frequent this board? The thing is, no Jehovah's Witness, who really believes would engage with apostates. Read this.................

w005/1p.10pars.9-10FirmlyUpholdGodlyTeaching

So Bane, if you love the organization so much, why do you disregard their counsel? I can only think of two reasons. One, you're having some reservations about this organization. Two, your trolling? So Bane, what is it? And don't hand me that, "this board is for Jehovah's Witnesses." That much is true. Whether your a believer or unbeliever, you're welcome here, but be respectful of other views and circumstances.

Some apostates are increasingly using various forms of mass communication, including the Internet, to spread false information about Jehovah’s Witnesses. As a result, when sincere individuals do research on our beliefs, they may stumble across apostate propaganda. Even some Witnesses have unwittingly exposed themselves to this harmful material. In addition, apostates occasionally take part in television or radio programs. What is the wise course to follow in view of this? The apostle John directed Christians not to accept apostates into their homes. He wrote: “If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.” (2 John 10, 11) Avoiding all contact with these opponents will protect us from their corrupt thinking. Exposing ourselves to apostate teachings through the various means of modern communication is just as harmful as receiving the apostate himself into our homes. Never should we allow curiosity to lure us into such a calamitous course!—Proverbs2:3.
  • finding my way
    finding my way

Congrats!!! I have a 5 month old and despite my Mothers attempts to win me back by saying I better come back for my daughters sake I felt in my heart that for my daughters sake, the best thing I could do was to not return to the witnesses. It's been over a year since I made my decision to never go back and I feel sanity more and more every day. I was raised a dub so it's the most amazing experience. I feel GOOD!! You will too. Just keep following what you feel in your heart is right.

It was described to me once as a tube of toothpaste. Once it's been squeezed out, it's very hard to put it all back in.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well if my ex wife was a ho who deceived me and treated me like crap and molested my children, yes, I would probably badmouth her. Particularly if she continued to take advantage of unsuspecting decent people at every chance.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh gosh, I just realized this is Cognacs thread, and it's serious. I'm sorry for allowing myself to be distracted by foolishness.

• dances with smurfs
    dances with smurfs

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=711#comic

hehe

congrats cognac. remember who you are and where you are headed. :) deep breaths of freedooommmm!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

congrats cognac.... I wondered what has been happening with you...

freedom is sweet.

Snakes (Rich )

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Beks, What does that make me? Someone that doesn´t join a website and talk bad about the organization I love. You guys show NO love. Using your example, you would badmouth your ex wife for years. That is not love. What a waste!

BANE,

I really struggle to find a thread of intelligence in your comments, but I do see very strong control issues in you that are rather humorous to watch. Why does any of this matter to you? Do you really think that coming on here and crying every time will change what people say about your precious organization?

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit