JW doctrines that annoyed or troubled you

by Luo bou to 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Come to think of it, I couldn't swallow the claimed fulfillments listed in the Revelations book, What sounded in the bible like earth shattering events that you would think the whole world would witness applied to them . I'm sure I was not the only one who thought this but none of us ever spoke up. How many times was that fairy tale book studied and expected to be taken seriously?

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

wait on Jehovah" mental file

Love that expression Sappy. So why did we wait? I've asked myself that question and I can remember a time during my study when I stopped questioning and started trusting the FDS believing as I did that it was faithfull to its commission. Having put my faith in the Org when I finaly began to do research, I felt very uncomfortable with what I was learning; that they lied to me partiularly their revised history on 1914 that was one hook that got me in...... that Jehovah had revealed this date to the Bible students in advance

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Faithful & Discreet Slave teaching.

Babylon the Great being the world empire of false religion.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Armageddon was always the most troubling to me.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Olin Moyles Ghost,

All the doctrines on your list troubled me as well plus the one about how I supposedly am responsible or 'bloodguilty' for other people being saved. How ridiculous. Then, who is responsible for ME being saved? I saw this as just emotional/spiritual blackmail to enslave you to never-ending guilt.

This probably accounts for why the majority of the people even stay in the religion. It isn't out of 'love'. It is about fear and guilt (as though Jehovah couldn't see through that).

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Good one Sapphy about the animal sacrifices. The bible stories from that ugly yellow book never really made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Here's one that goes back about 20 years . . . . Remember when unbaptized publishers got removed from being a publisher due to some "wrongdoing" and were shunned like those who were disfellowshipped. You were not allowed to talk to them. Some were even young teenagers! How F-ed up is that??!!!!

As I feel deeply sorry for all of us who were born into this f--ked up religion, I question (please forgive me) why the hell anyone would sign up for this s--t?! Really . . . what horrible things happened in your life that made you think this was a good thing? Please share. (I'm making a new topic right now!)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

1975 for me also. I was a small child when all them went on but I remember that it happened. When 1975 came and went without anything happening and everyone just went on like nothing had been said about 1975 that stuck with me and I couldn't let it go. Oh I kept my mouth shut but 1975 keep bugging and I went back to my parents bound volumes of the 60's and early 70's and it's there folks....it's there. That's when I knew all of it gas one big joke of a religion and sadly a lot of my family is still caught up in that crap.

• The Finger
    The Finger

The resurrection. According to JW's no ones coming back. Clones. Even those going to heaven. Which seems to me to be almost blasphemy.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

the GB has the final word on everything. all prophecy relates to the GB, 1914, or JW's.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Why did they have a modern day start? Where in the Bible does it say there would be a new religion started in the modern age that would be the "true" religion that would give us salvation?

Why did Jesus pick the organization when they still taught "wrong" things?

Those were the 2 questions that began my search, and then I found way more questions that cannot be answered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit