Blow Up the Well to Save the Gulf?

by leavingwt 65 Replies latest social current

• shamus100
    shamus100

Just wanted to let you know that a consultant, engineer and a geologist were nearly in tears today when I brought up how stupid this was.

A knee-jerk reaction from complete nitwits.

• flipper
    flipper

Blow up the well to save the gulf ? No freaking way. I listen to alternative news and heard scientist's being interviewed saying this would be even MORE catastrophic ! It would open up more fissures and holes into the bottom of the ocean causing MORE oil and methane gas to leak up to the surface increasing the disaster. It makes about as much sense as blowing up Yellowstone National Park to prevent a volcano from exploding

• bohm
    bohm

iwe seen this idea proposed and shot to bits at http://www.theoildrum.com/ . The general concensus is that its a very bad idea.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Go figure...

I bet you didn't even have to go to school for four years to figure that out either.

Do you think some of those tits down there can go find a course on common-sense? Oh, I forgot... survival of the fittest just doesn't work anymore. It's a pity, really.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Shamus -- You may enjoy the comments below this blog post from a guy in Nova Scotia.

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/rss/article/1088187

Try not to rip his face off.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I can't blame folks for being desperate, this is bad.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey Freydo? What exactly did you tell us, and what is the big picture that we are now seeing?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm not going to bother, love. Idiots know no borders - we're only human. Well, some are...

Freydo? He's telling us that yellowstone is going to blow up any day now.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh god, I clicked on it...

A mechanical engineer. What the fuck does he know about an oil well? Engineering involves specialties. It's not like being a GP.

Dear god, what a bunch of tits.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey!! Don't disparage tits!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit