Blow Up the Well to Save the Gulf?

by leavingwt 65 Replies latest social current

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh Six!! Some of the best minds in the world are right here on JWN! Take yours for example.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Shutter Island. I thought it was pretty darn good. Funny, I like it more and more as I think back on it.

Sorry LWT, damn, thoughts are like dominoes.

• shamus100
    shamus100

more experts from around the world will weigh in on this option and detail the risks.

Let me tell you one thing, Leaving WT. The idea is so goddamed stupid I won't even dignify your question with a proper response. I'm not interested in informing someone why blowing up a massive resivoir with explosives is safe, plausible, or, above all, sane.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I think you have unrealistically high expectations regarding JWN readership, my friend.

LOL @ Six. I hope everyone knew I wasn't talking about anyone weighing in, here. I'm referring to the folks keeping the President up to speed.

• beksbks
    beksbks

For all we know Shamus, it could work.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yeah, it was good, love. I don't like decaprio, but he was pretty good in that. I kinda felt like he was psychotic in the movie and didn't know what the real truth was. Particularly the 'rat scene'.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'm a novice at this deep well stuff, but I hear no contingency plans if the relief wells don't do the job of stopping the leak. Very risky to use an explosion to try to stop that leak. Still don't think full disclosure has been given on this well.

Think About It

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Let me tell you one thing, Leaving WT. The idea is so goddamed stupid I won't even dignify your question with a proper response. I'm not interested in informing someone why blowing up a massive resivoir with explosives is safe, plausible, or, above all, sane.

I'm completely ignorant on the topic. I was shocked to see the NY Times headline on this.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Can you just imagine the posters who are most engaged in politics and current events here, showing up on the White House steps with opinions??!! Ohhhh I'd pay to see it!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I don't like decaprio

It was his performance in 'The Departed' that won me over. (Although, his Gilbert Grape performance was epic.) While watching The Departed, I forgot it was Titanic Boy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit