GB's response to rising Memorial partakers

by 5thGeneration 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Respectful -

I have only been to TWO witchtower studies since last october. It was either one studied in November 09, or the meeting after the memorial.

Blondie could help you on this better than me.

I am not receiving the Kool aid edition, so I have one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana skin as far as the congo is concerned.

I now depend on this board for noolite. Meetings demand massive doses of Zanax - and my Doctor (who has more integrtity than the Gibbering Buddy) wont prescribe it. EVEN THO I AM MORE TALENTED THAN MICHAEL JACKSON also an ex Dubbie.

Life is SOOO unfair.

HB

• StAnn
    StAnn

I can't wait to see what they say when the number of partakers reaches 144,001.

Do you think they'll stop compiling statistics re: partakers anytime soon so that nobody will know just how many people are partaking?

StAnn

• Titus
    Titus

All Jehovah's Witnesses should have partake. All!

The GB would have change the doctrine then.

• yknot
    yknot

Before 2007:

Two classes:

1)Anointed

2)R&F

After 2007:

Three classes

1) R&F

2) Nobody Anointed

3) GB-anointed

• yknot
    yknot

Dear 'Given-one' lurker.....

How to tweak the partaking interpretation......

QFR

Dear Brothers as I continue to read my bible daily I cannot help but feel compelled to partake of the emblems but I have no inclination of heavenly calling? How am I to discen this matter?

Brother Kirk G., Luckenbach, TX USA.

In times past it has been understood that partaking was strictly a legal matter between Christ and his Brothers. However as Jehovah continues to reveal and refine his flock it has become evident that while remaining a legal obligation of the remnant it also can be enjoyed sybolically in celebration of these final days by the other sheep. Yes the other sheep are joyful in their privilege to join in celebration alongside Christ's Brothers marking the occassion!

• garyneal
    garyneal

Thanks Stephen,

It's amazing how the Bible makes things so clear and simple compared to how the GB convolutes it to maintain their authority and keep their doctrinal system intact.

Thanks for the PM. For some reason, I kept looking at page two and bypassing page one for examining new posts. Hence why I missed your comments.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The GB doth protest too much, methinks.

Each of them, somewhere deep inside, KNOWS they have NOT been ANOINTED with Holy Spirit and therefore they can't consciously fathom ANYONE ELSE being anointed either.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

This really got me thinking - the Governing Body could easily solve this "conundrum" by going back to an earlier position, and stating that there are two heavenly classes, and that both should partake - I can actually visualise the WT and the reasoning now

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

And around in a circle we go again..

• booby
    booby

I know this is a bit off topic. But that comment sounds like my older brother's answer (he is an elder, in the truth like 50 years) when I said that one of the big issues I have is the notion that Jehovah will destroy 6 or 7 billion people soon. His reply was, he can do whatever he chooses to. He created them he can destroy them. And his wife simply said well look at what happened in Noah's day.

So none of our business and we should put our brains in nuetral.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit