Unitarian Universalism

by changeling 52 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'll let you all worship me if you want--I'll even accept atheists, so long as you have money. And a tight booty.

• changeling
    changeling

Do you serve brunch?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Absolutely.

• undercover
    undercover
    I worship the god of Sunday brunch, but it would be nice to find fellow worshippers... :)

I need to work on that... We've been lax from attending the Church of Brunch...

where do you suggest I find people that are not religious freaks or who would not be horrified if I told them I was an atheist???

heh heh In this area? You're kidding right? Are there any Bill Maher fan groups in the area? Personally, I avoid the subject of religion. I go to places where religion is way down the list on important things to discuss...

• changeling
    changeling

Ya see... you know where I'm coming from... thing is, being un-religious, sort of defines me. I am a very open type of friend, I like discussions about what we're are reading, thinking, feeling... being a former JW and now being an atheist comes into play... If I told the average person in this are what I'm really about, they'd run for the hills...

• JWoods
    JWoods

I didn't say there was anything wrong with UU, changeling.

I was just saying that I personally could not see the point of joining a church if you were really an atheist/agnostic.

I think my friend did it in order to evangalize for atheism, as a matter of fact - which I find REALLY beyond the point.

• changeling
    changeling

JW, my understanding of UU is that they don't evangalize for any particular faith (of lack of it). They just accept that all in the cong have their "own way". The focus is mankind and the planet. But, I could be wrong, that's why I was hoping to find people here who had personal experiences... I may have to be the guinea pig... :)

• changeling
    changeling

I guess what I'm saying is that I want real friends, not just acquaitances to shoot the breeze with...

• JWoods
    JWoods

I go to two car clubs and have made some pretty good casual friends in both, changeling.

Plus of course we have internet friends here on the forum - which is about the most "religious" place I go.

• changeling
    changeling

Yeah... my husband bowls... Sorry, but I'm not talking about "casual" friends... Maybe it's a woman thing...

And I have some pretty close friendships with the werewolf gang... but I really need friends in my everyday life...

I sound so whinny... yuck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit