Consequences for remarriage if "unscripturally" divorced???

by compound complex 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I recently got in contact with a childhood friend who left the JW's like I did upon finishing high school. He told basically even one that got married or parents of our friends have gotten divorced and remarried other JW's. They just took their df'ing as the price and immediately worked on and got reinstatement. It sounded like it was no more than getting a speeding ticket... LOL.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, cagefighter:

Thank you for passing on that experience regarding old friends from the KH.

It seems we humans do as we darn well please, pay the price of the "speeding ticket" to the Watch Tower Court of Justice, then resume our merry lives. That is, those still in "the Truth."

Gratefully,

CoCo

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Coco, if you have a lady you like, don't let anyone stop you from courting her. My family that are JW's will have nothing to do with me. It's their loss. I have made it very clear to them that I will never go back. If they choose to shun me, it's their choice. I have told them that they will not make my choices for me. If they want to hang out with me, it's their choice. I didn't leave them. They left me. I have no regrets about it. It's a huge burden off my back.

You deserve to be happy and the JW's are keeping you from that. Shame on them!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear FlyingHighNow:

You're a sweetheart!

Thanks for the encouragement and a good example of sticking to your guns. Perhaps a few years of happiness is all right for a monogamous guy in his sixth decade.

Does God direct matters of the heart, or are we totally on our own here as love-is-blind humans? I was originally Episcopalian ...

Love,

CoCo

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was originally Episcopalian and I always pined for it, even when I was in the thick of the Kingdom Hall worship. I am happy to have returned to the Episcopal Church. I was confirmed four years ago. I knew there was a little extra something magical about you, Coco.

• Quentin
    Quentin

unscripturally divorced.......

My question would be what is that? How can anyone, using the Bible, prove what that means and how it should be ajudicated? I have been maerried to the same person for over thirty years. Meeting her and forming a relationship was the wake the best thing that ever happened ( read my profile story for a more consise explanation ). The best I can say is "The heart has it's reasons, which reason does not know"(Paschal)....

CoCo, I read your threads, love your poetry and your art work. My brother, do not pine your latter days away over the ignorance of men who are not spirtual guides and have no idea what love is. Go your way and find the love and happiness that will make you whole....I did, and have no regrets whatever....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear Quentin, for your kind and reassuring words.

My family doesn't consult me when making their decisions, whether great or small - why should they? Likewise, I can make my own choices and not be held back by fear of men and their possible reaction to what I do. It's the JW mindset, of course, to be controlled and believing we have no options.

The responses, such as yours, that say 'I have no regrets,' help me to realize that others have made personal choices totally on their own and that they really do not have any regrets. I like that! It just may work.

I appreciate your heartfelt words.

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dearest CoCo:

We only regret that which we did not do.

Abiding love and great admiration,

Baba.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I appreciate your heartfelt words........

Thank you my friend. I feel you will do what is in your best interest. The wt "mind set"is a dense fog which envelopes our mind, not an easy thing to melt away. I leave you with this thought; "Vinegar in freedom tastes better than honey in slavery."

I drank the vinegar, yet, as time passed it turned into a fine tasting wine as I had Kathy to support me. I do not know what I would do without her, my daughter, or grandchildren to ease my "older" years. May you be blessed in your endevor, reach out and take hold with a strong grip that which you deserve. The Creator will not let you fail.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear One, Baba :

Thank you, Love, for always being here for me!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit