And you wonder why Americans don't like Soccer...

by zeroday* 33 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I do not get why watching a bunch of guys wearing the same colored shirt and chasing a little ball around a field is called a sport. Or why having one of them hit a ball with a stick while others chase it is a sport. It seems like watching ants chase an aspirin around.

Try hitting the trail on a mountain bike, or kayaking in Pacific swells, or hiking up Table Mountain. Now THAT is a sport!

• poppers
    poppers

Although watching sports can be enjoyable there's nothing that compares to participating in one - to each their own, whatever it may be.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

"Darth Brazil is on tv playing world cup.... come and watch..........................

10 minutes later.... "Honey. I love you..... but if I have to watch 1 more second, I'm going to kill myself!"

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Ohhh I have to admit, I hear Brazil amd Ivory Coast fought on the field. Throwing punches and that stuff.... I said there you go, that's it, more of this, and America will love World Cup then you'll see who's the best!!!hahaha

• bohm
    bohm

well, at least you dont get to watch a gazillion commercials and a crappy concert like in the superbowl.

and if you are boored its because you didnt bring enough beer.

and the ball is round to.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Ya what's the deal with that round ball anyway????

• teel
    teel

You don't like vuvuzelas? Then you'll for sure love this link.

• flipper
    flipper

The horn blowing drives me absolutely insane ! I heard the Florida Marlins did it as a promo to get more attendance at their major league baseball game ! It about drove the players nuts with 18,000 horn blowing fans acting like idiots ! I just don't get it

• dgp
    dgp

Oh, I see you guys are not in the TRUTH about soccer

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I like the horn blowing.

I like it when my wife blows my vuvuzela.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit