September 15th Watchtower is making me feel literally ill

by sd-7 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

...I can't believe how loaded it is with all manner of arrogance, organizational chest-thumping/idolatry, and I still haven't gotten to the last article yet! I know...I shouldn't be reading it. I just...need to know what's going on so I can at least know what's going into my family's heads.

My wife asked me last night as I drove her to the meeting if I felt she was the reason I stopped going to meetings. In a tense moment, we'd argued before and she said, "If you don't believe it, why bother going to the meetings?" I told her then that I did it for her, but she wanted me to do it to 'learn about Jehovah'. It wasn't long after that that I stopped going, beginning with Memorial night and continuing until now.

She's worried about being bloodguilty if I don't go because of her. She should know better. As head of household, by JW logic, I alone am to blame if I don't go to meetings and get eaten by birds at Armageddon before the overlapping anointed generation dies off. But I can't convince her through any logic--after all, logic has nothing to do with this.

The September 15th, 2010 Watchtower is the reason I am not attending meetings. The faithful and discreet slave class is anything but discreet and anything but faithful to God's Word or even its own high-sounding words at times. It has elevated itself to a place that Jesus never intended for any man or group of men to have while on this earth. It is unsettling to see that I once believed in this religion. It is horrible to know that millions will be devouring this as food from God. Read all the threads about this issue, or read it yourself and tell me I'm not alone in feeling disturbed.

I know it's to be expected, but usually it's just one article that seems weird. This one, it's like, the theocratic gloves came off. I hope more people wake up, before something worse than the blood issue comes along and hurts even more people. The current GB is clearly unstable and very preoccupied with solidifying its authority in the minds of the rank-and-file.

Just...a heads-up to please keep watching the watchmen. Something just isn't right about it all.

--sd-7

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I dont get the Koolaid Edition -

Can you post the "pukeworthy" quotes so we know wat yo is takkin bout?

HB

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'm afraid I can't right now--I've got to go take care of some things. Others will beat me to it, hopefully, but if not, I'll post everything I can gather once I get home, which won't be for probably 3 hours at best. Can anyone help in my stead? Much appreciated.

--sd-7

• cantleave
    cantleave

Can't wait!!!

• bohm
    bohm

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_f-st_E_20100915.pdf

Among the highlights of the magazine is the statement:

"This refers to Christ’s coming as Judge to separate people of “all the nations” into two categories: “the sheep,” those who will have actively supported his spiritual brothers (anointed Christians on earth) and “the goats,” those “who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.” (2 Thess. 1:7, 8) The sheep, described as “righteous ones,” will receive “everlasting life” on earth, but the goats “will depart into everlasting cutting-off,” or destruction"

Its so obvious. There are ONLY two gategories. To belong in the first, you must actively support the annointed christians (GB). The Other gategory is going to be destroyed.

I actually thought they backpadelled on this 'everyone but us are going to get it at the big A' thing.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That's how I felt when I read the Nov 15th WT, physically ill. They can get away with printing that crap because the public doesn't see it. It is blatant mind control.

• yknot
    yknot

Sd-.....

If you do get snared back into going.....

Use the WTstudy time to take the baby out for some fresh air!

After sitting through an entire WTStudy (first in a year or so ) last week I realize how much my sanity depends on WTStudy distraction.....

• Violia
    Violia

When they changed the baptismal vows in 85 I saw the same thing. It was huge. I dedicated my life to God and His son ,not an organazation. I was stunned when I saw what they did. The gloves have been off for some time due to the 70-80's apostate happenings. They will lie ( use spiritual warfare) to anyone they desire to. All to protect "mother" ,you know.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What does this mean?

Page 28

12.Before Jesus comes against Satan’s visible
    organization, the last of the 144,000
    members of spiritual Israel will receive the
    final sealing. The Bible states clearly that the
    winds of destruction upon Satan’s system
    will not be released before this sealing of the
    144,000 is completed.

Q 12. What work will Christ complete before the
    winds of destruction are unleashed?

It sounds like they are desperately trying to stifle the influx of new anointed.

Chris

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It sounds like they are desperately trying to stifle the influx of new anointed.

It could also provide justification for the growing numbers of anointed. If it were sealed, destruction would have happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit