September 15th Watchtower is making me feel literally ill

by sd-7 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77
    She's worried about being bloodguilty if I don't go because of her. She should know better. As head of household, by JW logic, I alone am to blame if I don't go to meetings and get eaten by birds at Armageddon before the overlapping anointed generation dies off.
    sd-7

I liked that statement.

• wobble
    wobble

John 3v16 says : " God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone that has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die." (Contemporary English Version).

No mention here of different groups, or following a self appointed GB/FDS , just all who put faith in Jesus.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If a 50 year old starts taking the emblems and claims to be of the annointed, then that right there could by them another 30 - 40 years by which time, they will have dreamed up another excuse as to why Armageddon isn't here yet.

I personally know of a guy in his 30s who started partaking a couple years ago. He even discussed it with the body of elders to get their approval first. If that doesn't show that the Borg hierarchy is lifted above Christ and the Holy Spirit in this organization, nothing does. A guy can't be counted as anointed based on the calling alone, he has to clear it with "the brothers" first.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Actually, they should thank their lucky stars that all these new 'younger' ones are starting to take the emblems because it buys the Borg some desperately needed time.

So true Mary, but I'm not sure luck had much to do with it.

Not for one second do I doubt that the GB fudged the number of partakers to make it appear that there were new anointed on the scene. This published increase in numbers led to multiple statements in the magazines which implied that it was now acceptable for new ones to partake. These statements in the magazines in turn led to new ones partaking. And hey presto! The Society just created a whole new generation of anointed which they can plug right in to their shiny new "overlapping generation" doctrine.

Once the number of new partakers reaches a level deemed acceptable to the Society, the published numbers of partakers will level off and start its slow decline. The GB will move back to a hard line stance about new ones partaking, and will eventually point to the decline in the number of partakers as evidence of the nearness of the end......

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Is there a link where someone has posted other study articles?

Grewup

• St George of England
    St George of England
    A guy can't be counted as anointed based on the calling alone, he has to clear it with "the brothers" first.

ALL partakers are counted except disfellowshipped individuals.

George

• bennyk
    bennyk

No, George. That may be true of some congregations, but it is not true of all congregations.

A brother I knew back in the day partook for a number of the years he served as an Elder, but was never counted. His fellow Elders on the Body denied his "profession". It was a populous city and I heard this was true of other congregations as well.

Additionally, non-Witness partakers are never counted.

• Heaven
    Heaven

sadly, it is very depressingly, the same information that it always has been.

I have noticed this also and it has been happening ever since I was a kid so that's over 30 years. Jehovah's Witnesses are marinating in a doom and gloom environment.

edited to add:

No mention here of different groups, or following a self appointed GB/FDS , just all who put faith in Jesus.

So true Wobble. The criminal hanging next to Christ was told he would be with Christ in Heaven. That guy didn't even get dipped!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Is there a link where someone has posted other study articles?

Use this search

Cheers

Chris

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Thanks Chris ........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit