September 15th Watchtower is making me feel literally ill

by sd-7 29 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It's like one very big game of "telephone line" - pass the same drivel between enough people in a chain and this is what you get...

• yknot
    yknot

Well the Boss is now a heavenly newboy.....

It will be interesting to see what 'tone and flavor' the pubs have say in Feb or March of next year....

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi,

This is actually the first time since I left that I have read through an entire study edition of the Watchtower. I have to say that sadly, it is very depressingly, the same information that it always has been. I had hoped that over time perhaps there might be a softening of the focus on the Governing Body, yet listening to the Drama this year, and reading this Watchtower just confirms that my hopes were unfounded.

I must say that what particularly galls me is the anachronisms - the insuinuation that there were "travelling representatives" during the 1st century, akin to today's organisational structure, the insinuation that there really was a Governing Body analogous to today's, featured in this WT and the Drama. It seems that the view that was current during my membership, that simple repetition of a point, irrespective of proof, is enough to warrant it's acceptance by regular Witnesses, is alive and kicking. Frankly, it really is behaviour that you would not believe unless you saw it.

Still, I too was in that position. It is only now that I am truly willing to examine the evidence that 607 is incorrect - only now am I considering ordering "The Gentile Times Reconsidered". If, on such a major point as that, it has taken this amount of time to seriously consider alternatives, no wonder Witnesses will accept "smaller" statements of "facts" as the ones found in this WT and the Drama.

Regards

PP

• Mary
    Mary
    12.Before Jesus comes against Satan's visible organization, the last of the 144,000 members of spiritual Israel will receive the final sealing. The Bible states clearly that the winds of destruction upon Satan's system will not be released before this sealing of the 144,000 is completed.

It sounds like they are desperately trying to stifle the influx of new anointed.

Actually, they should thank their lucky stars that all these new 'younger' ones are starting to take the emblems because it buys the Borg some desperately needed time. For example: let's say that no one who was baptized after 1935 partook of the emblems. I figure there might only be something like 1,000 'annointed' left and they'd be dying off pretty fast. What would the Society do when there were suddenly "zero" partaking and the Big A didn't show up?? Freddie......you've got some 'splainin to do.........

With more and more younger ones partaking, they can always plead their case by stating that the '144,000 haven't been sealed yet'. If a 50 year old starts taking the emblems and claims to be of the annointed, then that right there could by them another 30 - 40 years by which time, they will have dreamed up another excuse as to why Armageddon isn't here yet.

With that in mind, you'd think they'd be less verbally abusive of those "younger ones" who are partaking, because to a great extent, their partaking is saving the WTS's ass, at least for now.

• TD
    TD

Funny in a sad kind of way.

People in general all seem to believe that they can think for themselves, but the reality is those that actually do are about as rare as those that refused to go along with the Milgram experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

PP: I am glad for you! I thought you had already read the whole 607 thing. a book you might enjoy is Misquoting Jesus by Erhman

• designs
    designs

I a weird bit of logic the GB are guilt tripping members who are thinking of partaking with the idea they are the reason Armageddon is being delayed.

It does sort of make you ill.

or happy we don't have to sit through it anymore

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Just because somebody partakes doesn't mean they are "anointed". Well, obviously. There was a sister in my hall who never claimed to be anointed but always took the emblems. They HAVE to count them. Even though she was obviously very much insane.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

It pretty much was the same as all the other nonsense they've printed before about them being the chosen ones. However, I agree that lately they've been reminding their flock more than ever that they're the slave feeding them at the proper time. It reminds me of Hallmark's version of Merlin. At the end, evil Queen Mab's demise was due to Merlin turning his back on her and stating that everyone will forget about her in due time. Everyone did, while she yelled out to everyone to not forget about her. Eventually she just slowly faded away and disappeared as a result. She became nothing. That's the GB's biggest fear, that people will continue to forget about them. Articles like this woke me up a little over a year ago. It dawned on me in the middle of the WT study, that what we were reviewing was damage control. Hopefully more people wake up and recognize this nonsense for what it is.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This absolute separation into only two categories is nothing more than a system to scare people. Actually, you have more than two. First, you have those taking the lead--those are the only true pioneers, since they are supposed to be paving the way for others to follow. Next, you have those who are doing all they possibly can to help out those taking the lead. These are the only ones that the witlesses preach are eligible for salvation.

Next, you have those who are doing some to help those taking the lead, but not all they possibly can. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is trying to make these feel that, if they are to gain salvation, they must join the "doing all they can, and then some" group. And everyone is made to feel in this group--doing some, but not enough. This group is being lumped in for destruction.

The next group, making up the vast majority of all people on the earth, is the group that is indifferent and doing nothing either way. This is the group that the witlesses are trying to recruit. Obviously, the witlesses are preaching that they are going to get destroyed.

Finally, you have those who are hindering them. Here too, you can split them according to whether they are merely exposing the lies from the religion or whether they are forcibly trying to stop them from doing their work. And, if they are trying to expose their lies, they should be reclassified as helping them to improve the organization. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger refuses this help, and so they end up hurting the organization. Raymond Franz was among those trying to help them by giving them the chance to improve the whole religion, but they refused.

And, none of this really matters if the whole operation is a scam. Using force to shut down a scam that is ruining so many lives is actually justified, since such force is being used in defense against those initiating the use of force, threats of force, or fraud against innocent people and/or their property. Which the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit