I will write down questions and start asking JW's for answers.

by XPeterX 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Should I try it?Questions about dates,GB policy,history of the Org. etc.I think I will confuse them and surprise them A LOT (especially the elders).

• not a captive
    not a captive

Dear Peter,

I am happy to hear what you are doing. I hope you will report the outcome of your questions to the elders so that JWs who come on this site and those who lurk can benefit from your experience.

When I had a Bible problem the response that followed when I took this to the elders opened a whole new world of questions.

I will pray for your good effort and courage.

Maeve

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

XPeterX, how about discussing blood with theelders.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Why was it okay for Abraham to question Jehovah, but noone can question the GB? (reference- Nov. 15, 2009 study WT, Treasure your place in the congregation)

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I would say only write down questions that you understand fully, don't get on a subject that you don't understand because JWs are masters of avoiding the issue and bringing in Red Herring arguments.

Since it's questions I'll plug my youtube site, check out the series "Tough Questions For Jehovah's Witnesses"

www.youtube.com/user/timkilgore

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Ask them "what is the scriptural evidence that the Jews were released from bondage to Babylon in 537BCE?"

If they tell you that it's because it's 70 years after Jerusalem's destruction in 607, then ask, "what is the scriptural evidence that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607BCE?"

Oops. 607 is based on 537+70. Now you have them running in a circle from which there is no escaping the conclusion: there is NO scriptural evidence for EITHER date. One MUST RELY on secular sources for 537, and in doing so one MUST REJECT THOSE SAME SOURCES plus others to accept 607.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

That's a great idea!

I've got one for you: Do you have to be a Witness in order to have a chance at surviving the imminent battle of Armageddon?

• If yes, then ask him how he feels about God killing the hundreds of millions of Chinese children who've never seen a Bible, much less a Watchtower.
    • If no, then ask him how that squares with the Watchtower's doctrine regarding "the mark for survival" of Ezekiel 9 (in a nutshell, the WTS teaches that to survive Armageddon, you must have "the mark" and part of that mark is baptism as a JW).
  • asilentone
    asilentone

if you do not care to be df'd for apostasy, go for it.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Issacaustin:Yeah I am gonna discuss about blood too.I am going to write a BIG list of questions (some of which I am not able to answer either).But what happens if they ask me "how did you come up with these questions?"(classic way to avoid answering them) or "do u visit apostate websites/do you talk with apostates?"?

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

asilentone:How can I get df'd?I am not baptised!Does the GB's rules say that u get kicked out if u ask things?tsk tsk tsk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit