Flirting - WT style (Sept 15 WT)

by undercover 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Looking at the picture, that guy is setting off my Gay-dar, as in, 'I'm ashamed of being gay thanks to the WT, so I got married to cover it up'. I can assure you that woman is not thinking of him in a romantic way.

I was thinking the same thing - but I guess I didn't want to say it until somebody else did.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

He reminds me of the guy from Glee, Kurt Colfer, who IS gay.

• tiki
    tiki

OMG....this is just so freakin ridiculous! And YES, that guy looks like the dork in the other photo. And YES, her hair is a complete disaster and her dress is pretty doggone bad too. They really don't have a clue what reality is like, do they!?!? Do they even know about all the sexual harassment laws in place in businesses today? In order for people to actually have an affair, they obviously have to have a thing for eachother on some level...and just shooting the breeze or being friendly isn't going to land you a lust-filled liason unless you WANT it to and make it happen. So are they thinking that all their drones are so darn sex-starved that they'd go for anyone anytime anyway????? What wonderful trust they have in the morals and decency of their flock. Idiots...

• superpunk
    superpunk

The guy looks like a dork, not gay.

No gay man, in the closet or otherwise, would wear pleated pants.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"No gay man, in the closet or otherwise, would wear pleated pants."

That is so true. Not to mention the tie and the supercuts hair.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

So let me get this straight.

You're not allowed to flirt unless you are planning on marrying someone. How are you supposed to let that person know you are interested if you can't flirt with them? Do you just pick someone in your congregation and tell them you would like to marry them and then start flirting with them.

They are so sexually frustrated in Bethel all they can think about is sex. They have no social skills and it show in the interpretation of everyday life.

• sir82
    sir82

Based on his pose, it looks like he's trying to hide his wedding ring behind the partition.

What - like the girl who sits 4 feet away from him doesn't hear him talking about "field service plans" to his wife on the phone every day? And she thinks the picture of the 2 kids on his desk are favorite nieces?

I think I saw some dining room chairs from the 1970's in a goodwill store once upholstered with the same pattern as her dress.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    This is a scene played out everyday in offices all across the world.

Ahh, I remember this kind of advice fondly. It trains people to be socially-awkward.

It reminds me of when I was 22 years old working in an office environment. I had been recently hired and two married female coworkers (gasp!) invited me to a baseball game. They were being nice, of course, trying to get to know the new guy, but I panicked. I can't imagine how ridiculous I must have come across as. I first told them I would go and I spent the rest of the work day coming up with an excuse to back out. I viewed the simple invitation as if there were some sexual significance to it.

This kind of warped view of sexuality, unfortunately, was widespread among JWs of my generation. I remember a conversation with some JWs I grew up with where the women all unanimously stated that they would refuse to go to lunch alone with their male boss . That kind of thing happens all the time in my line of work. Men and women take business trips together and even (double gasp!) spend time alone with one another. Amazingly, most people are capable of controlling their sexual impulses and treating one another with respect.

In the 5 years that I've been away from JWism, I had almost forgotten about this obsession with sex. Recently, an inactive female JW called me up. I was in the middle of watching a movie, and I didn't feel like pausing for an extended conversation, so I invited her over to watch it with me just to be polite. She said no and I thought that was the end of it. About a week later she called to confront me about the lack of respect I had shown her by inviting her over to my house when I was alone. It dawned on me at that point that she equated my invitation with an invitation to have sex. That didn’t even cross my mind. In the years since I've stopped going to meetings, I've spent a lot of time alone with women to where being alone with a woman has lost the taboo connotation that the WT attaches to it.

I'm just glad I no longer live in that world.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The WTS needs to think the best of it's members. That fine MS is probably sharing the "new light" interpretation of the overlapping generations and other DC highlights with her. Her body language is screaming "that's sooooo interesting."

Think About It

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Whats wrong with pleated pants? Not that I wear pleated pants or anything........ Just wondering.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit