QUESTION: What religion are you in now? ...

by terafera 40 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

This got me to thinking...

Now that most of us have left the WTS, I notice some have taken other belief systems. Some have come to a peace with their own ideas.

My question is are you involved with another religion? Has it brought you more peace or happiness? What questions has it answered?
    For those who don't have a specific religion.. do you consider yourself a spiritual person? Is your life more meaningful with the answers you've found?

I'm very interested in the answers... as you all know, the WTS has told me (and everyone else) that 'Christendom's' beliefs are not the road to happiness. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Goethe

• Francois
    Francois

I could never be associated ever again with any group that called themselves "Christian." It has come to mean a religion without morals and business without ethics. In fact, I would have a hard time becoming associated with an organized religion of ANY kind again.

Philosophically, the closest I can find to the way I feel is Taoism in its original form as disclosed in the Tao Te Ching. Intellectually and spiritually, I find a great deal of peace in The Urantia Book.

Francois

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Here is a link to some Christians that I hang out with.

http://www.nazarene-friends.org/default.htm

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm a Christian. I attend an independent church. I consider myself a spiritual person.

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

i consider myself to be on a spiritual quest. I frequently read up on different beliefs and so far i've found interest in Taoism and Buddism

• LB
    LB

What spirituality I had has been blasted away. I'll never attend a meeting for the rest of my life. After trying to force beliefs down other peoples throats for too many years, I'll keep my thoughts on religion to myself.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

well actually last year I decided to start thinking again about spirituality. I tried some churches but I found myself looking for the hypocrisy and not being open minded. I decided to explore what I believe. I believe in God, but I do not believe jesus was God and I believe God is more a force than a being. I beleive we can find God in things such as laughter and within ourselves. I believe that God's main attribute is love. I do believe in an afterlife, but not heaven and hell. I believe that all people and their beliefs should be respected. I believe humans should not judge other humans, you never know exactly what it is like to be that person.

Last week I did attend a UU church. I liked it a lot. You do not need to be christian, you in fact do not have to believe in any certian thing. It has no creed or dogma. I am attending a four week class there that meets once a week about the history of the church and stuff. I am going to decide if I want to join.

That is where I stand as of now, but I believe my beliefs are free to change as am I.

• rhett
    rhett

Nope, no religion at all. I really would love to find some religion that I can believe in and trust me I've looked. Whenever I hear of almost any religion now the inconsistencies just seem to jump out at me. Anymore my thoughts are that if god (in whatever form he/she/it) really does exist and has spoken to us then why didn't they do so more clearly? If this powerful spirit was really so concerned about us worshipping them then they should have made things a little more clear for us.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am with Francois on this one. Never again.

I really like the Buddhist teachings, and philosophies. But am not interested in finding another religion. I just consider myself open to all things.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Perry
    Perry

After several years as agnostic, a non-denominational christian church works for me. I was determined not to let the WBTS jade me...but it took a long time to clear out the biases. I found real christianity to be very simple and really just good ole' common sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit