QUESTION: What religion are you in now? ...

by terafera 40 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I'm with Francois, Mulan and many others here. I am not affiliated with any other church, nor do I ever envision myself doing so again. However I have never felt more spiritual in my entire life! I came across a fantastic quote by Albert Einstein the other day that sums up my feelings rather well. Here it is:

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God. " Albert Einstein.

He also said this which I also love:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own - a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in Nature." Albert Einstein

betweenworlds

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit