Library Visit # 2: 607 BCE vs. 587 BCE - With Pictures!

by mentallyfree31 113 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Oh wait, let me guess, your going to bring up now why the JWS are better then

Babylon the Great's evil religions like the Catholics.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

" I'm guessing this is THE question your pertaining to.

In relation to all of stories from the ancients involving their gods/spirits etc. , definitely no.

Too much as been learned now in all the many sciences to support those particular stories out of

mankind's history.

Besides, I already have enough power, money and control over others in my life so the need for religion is mute and unnecessary."

What happened that made you leave JWs?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What happened that made you leave JWs?

The short of it.

I was a born in, around 1975 a beloved elder and his wife from my congregation just came back from working

in Bethel for a few months, we got into a conversation at the Hall which during he stated that he thought that the WTS.

was just a publishing house that had structured itself around religion. I was greatly shocked from what he said

which eventually started some inquisitive investigation on my own. For many years prior to 1975 the WTS.

made many proclamations that they correctly calculated from 1975 back to life of Adam was 6000 years and that 1975

would most likely be the great climatic end to this system of things. The only problem to this story is its impossible for

anyone to do that through information in the bible or elsewhere, a well orchestrated lie that all JWS fell for or should I say

had to accept being a member of this faith. With this preposterous decisive lie and I could see the damage it had caused

people including the suicides of 3 young JWS teens that I knew, that was the last straw and I made an immediate exit.

I've been a happy and content atheist/humanist for decades, since my departure from the JWS.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

The story sounds weird. This is generally not why people leave. Born in 1975 and content as an atheist/humanist for decades, since my departure from the JWS. If you were quite young when you left, there's some things you probably missed.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Not born in 1975 , I was born in the 50's , my departure from the JWS occurred around 1980.

If you were quite young when you left, there's some things you probably missed.

Hardly after more than 20 years I'd seen and heard enough.

This sickening exploitation of people and their indelible insecurities still rubs me in a wrong way.

But power in the hands of ignorant corrupt men will always be a damaging blight against humanity.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

" But power in the hands of ignorant corrupt men will always be a damaging blight against humanity."

The WTS doesn't have any power. They don't form alliances with rulers or spend any money that goes into the organization on themselves. You have no memories of any intervention from God?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Why do you people entertain this nut? Seriously WTF!?!?!?! She's schizo or bipolar at the least, or a troll at the worst who knows exactly what she's doing. Why do you keep entertaining her? She derails other's threads, and you mods allow her to do it. You posters who've been members here for quite a while answer her questions no matter how nonsensible they may be. She doesn't even post her own material. She copies and pastes everything from Wikipedia. You give her the attention she craves. When you respond to her, you're responding to Wikipedia!!!!! Why?!?!?!?!!?!? Again I ask, WHY?!?!!?!?!!? Weeping's satanic threads didnt even get this much attention. She's brought nothing to this forum but irritation and confusion. I mean seriously, WTF?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Before I speak anymore about this, anyone challenging this prophecy is going to have to tell me something about themselves.

Don't change the topic and show us the Neo Babylonian king chronology from 539 down to 607 with proof. When you do, we can answer if we believe in god, santa clause or a toothfairy. If you want to know what we believe in, you can start a new topic. Right now we're discussing 607 BC and a fall of Jerusalem so show us your scholarly evidence for 607BC. After all, the entire world teached 586/7 as Jerusalem's fall so you and wts are making claims that have no merit without proof. If you show us a tablet for Babylon's fall to Cyrus in 539BC, that's fine but we're not talking about the fall of Babylon but Jerusalem so 539BC maybe the first part of your claim as the fall of babylon and we agree with this piece of information so now continue showing us the next pieces of archeaological evidence for establishing Babylonian chronology leading to the destruction of Jerusalem in 607BC.

And

“It was in B.C. 606, that God’s kingdom ended, the diadem was removed, and all the earth given up to the Gentiles. 2520 years from B.C. 606, will end in A.D. 1914.” —The Three Worlds, published in 1877, page 83.

This is very deceptive quote by itself. Typical WTS garbage! This type of nonsense will work on wts followers not with us who know the true history. The Three Worlds may have said that 1914 was the end of the gentile times and none of us argue this point. Lets see what the FULL quote is from where the above was taken

The seventy years captivity ended in the fitst year of Cyrus,
    which was B.C. 536. They therefore commenced seventy years
    before, or B.C. 606. Hence, it was in B. C. 606, that God's
    kingdom ended, the diadem was removed, and all the earth given
    up to the Gentilea. 2520 years from B. C. 606, will end in A.
    D. 1914, or forty years from 1874; and this forty years upon
    which we have now entered is to be such " a time of trouble as
    never was since there was a nation." And during this forty
    years, the kingdom of God is to be set up. (but not in the
    flesh, "the natural first and afterwards the spiritual)," the Jews
    are to be restored, the Gentile kingdoms broken in pieces " like
    a potter's vessle," and the kingdoms of thia world become
    the kingdoms of our Lord and his Christ, and the judgment age
    introduced.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Why do you people entertain this nut? Seriously WTF!?!?!?! She's schizo or bipolar at the least, or a troll at the worst who knows exactly what she's doing. Why do you keep entertaining her? She derails other's threads, and you mods allow her to do it. You posters who've been members here for quite a while answer her questions no matter how nonsensible they may be. She doesn't even post her own material. She copies and pastes everything from Wikipedia. You give her the attention she craves. When you respond to her, you're responding to Wikipedia!!!!! Why?!?!?!?!!?!? Again I ask, WHY?!?!!?!?!!? Weeping's satanic threads didnt even get this much attention. She's brought nothing to this forum but irritation and confusion. I mean seriously, WTF?"

"knows exactly what she's doing" is the only thing you got right.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

"knows exactly what she's doing" is the only thing you got right.

So pretty much you admit you're nothing more than a troll? You're telling me the only part that I got right, and allow me to type my statement in full, "a troll who at worst knows exactly what she's doing."?

Simon or one of the mods, would one of you do your job and ban this whore already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit