I'd like to know who you were before you were baptized a JW? Were you raised a JW? What religion or denomination of Christianity did you profess before you became a JW.

by SAHARA 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

If you were raised a JW, how well did you research the history of the Org. before you were baptized? If you were a convert to the Watchtower Society , how well did you know the doctrines of the faith before your conversion? Just curious. Thanks...

• asilentone
    asilentone

I was raised as a JW since birth, I did not research the history of the org at all before I got baptized.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was raised as a Catholic. At the time I didn't have the means available to do extensive research, so I gave in to pressure from my mom to join the cult. A job offer from a JW after 9 months of unemployment was also a factor.

W

• Think About It
    Think About It

Raised with Baptist beliefs. Started going to the KH in early teens due to 1975 influence on family by a JW relative. Quit going in 1973 and started back seriously later as a young man.

Think About It

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I was a zygote and before baptism I was mainly pedestrian.

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

Come on cagefighter, be real...

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Marginally Catholic, exposed to rabid-Baptists in HS, then agnostic, then atheist, then JW, now back to agnostic, but not at all pleased with any conception of deity.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I am a zygote. Upon my birth my parents assumed their choice of religion was the correct one for me as well. I was baptized at 12 and walked around a lot.

• blondie
    blondie

I was raised in what was called a "divided family"; father--not jw, mother--jw but "weak" I was a child exposed to both sides. My father was not of any religious group but we attended Lutheran, Baptist, Catholic, Mormon churches as well as the kingdom hall.

My mother's family reached back into the 1920's with their association with the Bible Students and left around the time the name JW was adopted in 1931. Did I know their history, not till I got older despite my family history. All I knew is my grandfather had little use for Rutherford.

I was in my 30's when I first read the Studies in the Scriptures, and Rutherford's books. I let that information percolate and I watched what people did rather than said at the kingdom hall.

The WTS lies and hides what it was and is.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was a convert from the Baptist religion in the early 70's.

Didn't have a way of researching the JW's.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit