Did You Attend the "Big" Generation Watchtower Study Today?

by UnDisfellowshipped 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Girlie
    Girlie

I forgot about it. I was invited to a friend's church on that day. I don't think my parents went either. They went to a cookout (thank God).

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I got really stoned and sat by the pool with OAOA girlfriend while we drank beers, then watched True blood after pigging out together on Taco Bell. Was a perfect Sunday.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My wife, who prides herself on her proof reading ability 7 days out of 7, had to resort to a 2008 WT as a resource to back up her new understanding, but had no answer to very obvious criticism of that article that has already been discussed here on JWD.

My mother tells me that she can get a delayed telephone link to a recording of her WT study. Sorry guys and girls, but I am not going to bother to ask her for the number. I doubt that I could get in anyway and Mum certainly wouldn't cooperate. When I jokingly suggested that I would like to be a fly on the wall when they asked the question on paragraph 13 she had nothing to say. "Ignorance is bliss" is a phrase I heard often as a kid, but never really saw in inaction until I started questioning my parent's cult.

Dad was in bed at the time. I have heard nothing from him.

The 1914 Generation doctrine has been his favorite weapon to scare me into his cult for 50 odd years. He didn't even notice it's new definition in 1995. I am wondering how long it is going to take for him to grow the balls to mention it. I doubt he ever will.

Charlie Manson got the ultimate allegience of The Family by getting his followers to commit murder for him. The WT has done the same for my parents. They are proud of the fact that their converts have died over the blood issue. To admit that they were guilty for those deaths would be the same as Manson owning up that he was guilty for his crimes.

Chris

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

No...met friends for an outdoor brunch and went shopping.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

No, we stayed home.

My Dub husband and I were listening to classic rock and chatting about how cool "that generation" of music was. I couldn't resist saying that we were part of that generation based on the WT, hehehe.

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Yes. Everyone lapped it up like a chocolate dessert. My wife says it is new light. I said to her we could be waiting another 30 to 50 years.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

One of the comments made was that "since the generation started in 1914, the overlap

just proves how close the end is." A drone is a drone. They have just tacked on 50 to

60 more years until the generation dies off. The WTBS will make reference to this article

20 or 30 years from now.

Sour Grapes

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I know my parents didn't attend cuz they're on vacation is Texas and they never go to hall when on vacation.

• moshe
    moshe

The JW's have sunk their entire life into this cult-religion and they aren't going to admit it was all wasted over one more hard to understand WT teaching. Types, anti-types, King of the North, 1975- it doesn't matter one iota to the average J-dub.

• Gill
    Gill

Most dubs don't understand the 'technicalities' of their faith hence it could be announced that black is white from the stage and they'd still nod encouragingly and smile.

Once you've given your brain and thinking capacity away, it is rare to get them back again...........sadly!

I look at my parents, having wasted their whole lives on this crap and realise they can't even think straight any more. They have no real free thought just a confused state of existence revolving around their next meal and their next meeting.

They could never grasp that there has been a 'generation change' and what the true meaning is of these perpetual flips and changes and understandings and misunderstandings.

As I said to them, surely if the Faithful and discreet slave is waiting for spirit direction, that is akin to spiritism and how do they know which spirits are directing them? But a glazed look appeared on their faces and I hadn't the heart to press the destruct button and continue.

But whatever makes them happy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit