Did You Attend the "Big" Generation Watchtower Study Today?

by UnDisfellowshipped 30 Replies latest jw friends

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hmm...nope.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I wanted to call in on the phone hookup and record it and post it on here, but wasn't able to.

-mentallyfree31-

• garyneal
    garyneal

Pyramid Scheme:

Honestly, I think my wife remembers most from the talks things that solidify her point to me in her head. I suppose all of us remember most anything that was said that resonates with our innermost beliefs.

I don't think that the talk was all about comparing unity to conformity but she said the speaker touched on it. The details she gave was that conformity forces people to agree under the penalty of some consequence if they do not.

So I asked her, "Isn't that the same point I made last night? So if you were to all of a sudden say, 'I do not believe in 1914 anymore,' would there not be a consequence?" She glossed over that point and redirected the conversation to the disunity in the churches of Christendom (something all witnesses are good for).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Cubs were hosting the White Sox, the Black Hawks were still celebrating the Stanley Cup in Chicago, there was Blues Fest and a Literature Fair, the lawn needed mowing and the shed had to be cleaned.

If it weren't for all that, I still would have been too busy for seeing a bunch of Stepford Witnesses say "Whatever the Faithful Slave says is right."

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was at the tigers game IN A SUITE!!!!!!

I can no longer go back to watching lgames among the rank commoners.

Tigs won 4-3 thx to a 3-run bomber by our big guy miggy!

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I went for the first and last time.

The guy leading it skipped completely over it.

The only mention of overlap was when it was read from the paragraph by the other dude. I looked around while the guy was reading and a guy in the audience was smiling. When the guy reading finished, the guy leading read the question at the bottom and the guy in the audience who had been smiling read back the sentence in the paragraph, which didn't deal with overlapping, and then the guy leading it moved on to paragraph 15.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

So I asked her, "Isn't that the same point I made last night? So if you were to all of a sudden say, 'I do not believe in 1914 anymore,' would there not be a consequence?" She glossed over that point and redirected the conversation to the disunity in the churches of Christendom (something all witnesses are good for).

I usually deal with some pantsload who tries that trick by answering in this manner:

"I am not here to study the churches of Christendom. I want to study Watchtower teachings. If you can not explain them and want me to learn about Christendom then perhaps I should go over to them and have them tell me what they teach."

That usually jars them enough to get back on topic.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The overlapping of generations was totally glossed over according someone I know that went to the WT study yesterday!

No-one made a comment about it!!

Could the reason for this be that the dubs are finally so shell shocked at all the changes to the 'generation' that their trust in the FDS/GB is rather fragile & no-one wants to talk about the changes?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

No, y go back

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I didn't risk the trip to the Kingdumb Hell. But I bet most of the witlesses ate it up readily--and just wait until they go to the Grand Boasting Session and hear the flimsy excuse the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger offers for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit