The Generation Watchtower (TOMORROW!) and The Cough of Incredulity

by slimboyfat 39 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf

No coughing at all during the study. They hoovered it all up and even made comments at the end that with this new understanding that we KNOW the end is VERY close! WTF?

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

No coughing in mine, just one comment from Sister Elders Wife, then, WT study conductor moved swiftly on.

• Gayle
    Gayle

You never know,, who is internalizing it,,I remember a couple biggies way back,,one where the organization blamed the rank and file about the 1975 teaching,,I didn't react openly,,but the internal churning was going strong. I wondered why no one was re-acting, but then, neither was I.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It was a hoot.

Lots of coughing all over the KH, especially during para. 12. Not from me either. More likely due to people's illnesses but still it got me wondering and struggling to keep a straight face. A long time brother commented about loyally moving wherever 'Jah's celestial chariot' leads which reminded me of Eph 4:14 about being tossed about hither and thither by every wind of teaching. One cough occurred on cue at the 'evidently' part at the 'overlapping generation' paragraph (guess who?! ), but this is a doozy: after all the comments had finished, the WT conductor/overseer said, "It's a simple clarification, but perfectly understandable." I nearly lost it at that point.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I was the only one with a cough!

A sister commented on the relevant paragraph and explained that she and her grandmother were of the same generation as they were both of the television generation but her son was not of the same generation as he is 17 so of the computer generation! The WT conductor fully agreed.

After the meeting I spoke to one of the elders. I pulled out my dictionary to show him the various definitions of generation. He said that did not count as it was not a Bible dictionary. In the Bible words have a different meaning.

I despair!

George

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

someone did cough at out hall and it wasn't me. The person was sitting nearby and I almost turned to shake their hand!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A sister commented on the relevant paragraph and explained that she and her grandmother were of the same generation

as they were both of the television generation but her son was not of the same generation as he is 17 so of the computer generation!

The WT conductor fully agreed.....St George of England

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!..

TV makes people from the same generation..

How about a House?..

It`s an object my family has used for generations..

We could cram one Huge Generation under a Roof!!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

That sister just confused matters even more! How is her son not part of the TV generation?????? Do you not have tvs there anymore?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

one brother actually said generations of anointed have been overlapping since Jesus' day and the study conductor agreed that this was a useful way to understand the present change in undertanding of the generation. But if we follow this reasoning then wouldn't it make the significance of 1914 obsolete?

• cattails
    cattails
    one brother actually said generations of anointed have been overlapping since Jesus' day

That's the old understanding from not too long ago. The new one is about two groups of contemporaries overlapping.

I guess they got too greedy and figured out they better keep that previous understanding on hand for when it becomes

obvious that this "contemporaries overlap" is running out of time, but by then it will be 2060 and nobody will remember

that back in 2008 they'd come out with a generations of anointed overlapping since Pentecost idea.

Well, this is the way it went today at the congregation I'm visiting, there was some coughing on paragraphs 10 and 14

but couldn't really tell as they were coughing and hacking away through most of the study.

But the funny thing was that the WT reader actually gave a small cough and cleared his throat right at the "evidently"

point, but he did it so matter of fact and graciously that I wouldn't have noticed unless I was expecting someone to

cough out in unbelief. So I followed it by a big cough that everyone would notice just in case there was any hard of

hearing of the "conscious class" present.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit