The Generation Watchtower (TOMORROW!) and The Cough of Incredulity

by slimboyfat 39 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Watchtower will be studied tomorrow that contains the new overlapping generations teaching. Paragraph 10 reads:

"He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation."

Are any inactive or infrequent attenders going along just to see how the new light is received?

It would be good if all those on here who are planning to attend could make a sign to show their skepticism at the meeting.

How about if we all cough while the paragraph with the infamous "evidently" phrase is being read? It would be clear enough a signal to those who are aware of it, yet still easy to pass off as a coincidence in case it gets picked up on.

We could call it the "collective cough of incredulity", and congregations around the world could witness this display of recognition that the Watchtower's emperor truly has no clothes on.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

I'm df'd and planning to go. Not to my former hall though, their meeting is too early. I'm going in after the talk and would love to participate in the "collective cough of incredulity" lol. I'm leaving after those paragraphs though. I can't stand too much of the meeting.

• dudeson
    dudeson

I want to go to this one but I'd like to stay "off the radar".

• Think About It
    Think About It

Speaking of cough.......it would be awesome if someone did a "bullshit cough" tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InaRIYFPMiY

Think About It

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Evidently..

The WBT$ has no Evidence,of anything that is Evident..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• alanv
    alanv

I will be very surprised if the flock don't lap this up like lambs. They will probably say how it all makes so much more sense now. Sad

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I am going because the last time it changed the WT conductor was clearly having trouble suspending his disbelief. I want to see how he explains it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The "cough" heard around the world!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Our regular WT conductor will be out of town for a talk so the gauntlet has been passed to our most rules oriented elder to handle the study. I don't think he will have troubles with disbelief. The regular conductor made sure Thursday night to let everyone know we had a very deep lesson coming up on Sunday and should prepare well. Yah, its deep. We just keep digging ouselves in deeper and deeper and there is nothing there except a hole that gets deeper. Holes are empty, deep holes are just more emptiness.

• yknot
    yknot

I usually come up with a reason to take little ones outside......but I am going to be sitting right where I can watch everybody's response!

My KH is not known for it's study ahead skills (well the adults aren't, all the JW kiddos I am watching read, underlined and looked up the definition of 'Generation on Wed.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit