The Generation Watchtower (TOMORROW!) and The Cough of Incredulity

by slimboyfat 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

All hail The Cough of Incredulity!

I visualize "The Cough" as a caped superhero, like Marvel comics' "The Vision" or even "Zorro" or "V" or "The Scarlet Pimpernel."

(Personally, I enjoy "The Caraway Pumpernickel")

"The Cough Of Incredulity" his cough can make JWs fade.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I don't really expect too much tomorrow morning. As of last Thursday night the WT conductor hadn't looked at it!

George

• The Finger
    The Finger

Do I understand this change correctly?

I understand that a generation is basically defined by one of two things, (wikipedia) A womans offspring, or a cultural event.

In this case the JWs view the 144000 as a family of anointed christian brothers (12 tribes) with a mother the Jerusalem above. The latter brothers experienced an event. (1914) with some brothers coming after the event. One generation. Overlapping siblings.

Admittedly this generation could go on forever but I can't find reason to argue now with the idea.

Do I misunderstand this?

• St George of England
    St George of England

The Watchtower will be studied tomorrow that contains the new overlapping generations teaching. Paragraph 10 reads:

"He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation."

SBF - If you want to cough in unison then you need to wait until paragraph 14 NOT 10, for your quotation above.

George

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

So long as you use the word "evidently", it's all good.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ooops wrong paragraph alert folks. Let's try to keep it together now.

• booby
    booby

The finger - Me thinks you are just giving the finger to make a point? If you are trying to be serious and trying to make this claim plausible you still have to explain why they have changed umteen times to get to where they are, and what you there propose is in no way what they are saying. If your wonderful explanation was their workaround that is what they would have printed.

• The Finger
    The Finger

booby,

I agree with you. But my explanation works doesn't it? Maybe I should be on the GB.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I like the idea, but my wife has a habit of laughing out loud when she hears WT spin from the platform. The last time we went was Memorial last year. She lost it big time.

We'd never get out alive...

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

I have to attend and I will shake my head, cough and break wind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit