What Hinders the Governing Body From Learning From Their Mistakes? Could Delusions Of Being Jehovah's Chosen Ones be to Blame?

by frankiespeakin 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

We all suffer delusions but some are worse than others, and if the Governing Body's delusions of believing they are spoke person for Jehovah are deep then they can not learn from their mistakes,, at least not when true honesty is involved. This delusion will color things so heavily and cause them to play loose with the truth even to their own selves that learning from mistakes is out of the question for them,, I think this pathetic Double get more Generation time new light,, kind of gives you an idea that they ain't all right up stairs so it looks like we will be able watch them go from one blunder to another as they seem to be on auto pilot because of this delusion they have..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ does not make Mistakes..

The WBT$ gets New Light..

.................................OUTLAW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It is my strong opinion that the Governing Body is guilty of snorting their own coke. They really do think they are here on a mission from Jehovah, and that Jesus really is their brother. ("Jesus is just alright with meee")

On this, I really do feel they are delusional. I for a while thought I was hot shit as an elder going to Gilead, before life b*tch slapped me to reality. I have no doubt they fool themselves daily.

...and reading CoC, thinking about my own doubts, I also have zero doubt that they question themselves on occasion, even if it lasts a half second. Deep down, they know, or at least strongly wonder...

It's nice work if you can get it... Cult leadership!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I don't think they are delusional at all. They know exactly what they are doing. I think your average R&F JW is being lied to. The GB are in on it. They're at the top! Just look at the history of this org, they have always said crazy things. It's the mind control that keeps people in.

• metatron
    metatron

I can only extrapolate from the experiences of common Witlesses in leadership that they may suffer from an even greater cognitive dissonance than others. They may be wavering in private.

In particular, they see the decline in donations. They get reports about the loss of young people and elders. They also are painfully aware of the steady loss in court cases that will constrain their future activity.

They are confronted with two stark possibilities: Either the "preaching work" is ending with Armageddon close at hand - and by close, I mean as close as the liquidation/shutdown/downsizing trend would indicate on a graph!

or the organization is a pious fraud. It has no special claim to anything and no special right to exist.

metatron

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Seren,

Hows about a tinsy wintsy bit delusional. I can see this word may have very different meaning for some people, but don't you feel they be delusional as well as crafty? I think the 2 can both at play.

• little witch
    little witch

(((((Frankie)))))

Long time, no hear from!

Could someone please remind me how to send a clickable link please?

LW

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Little,

Just use your mouse to highlight it in the address bar when your at that sight and hit control c to copy it,, then paste it with your mousr using control v here.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Say a good cop plants evidence because he wants the scumbag who is clearly guilty to go to prison, but the evidence is inadmissable. Soon, he sees that it was a good thing so he does it again in another case to save the taxpayers some money. Soon, he just wants to be a great case-closer and get all the scum off the streets. He plants evidence on hoodlums and prostitutes of crimes they probably didn't commit, but needs someone to be convicted and they are just scum anyway.

Okay, the Governing Body saw how Rutherford could pull the strings and they needed to pay for expansion and they knew that Fred Franz could very well have been right about 1975. I mean, time was running out. They let him do his thing as long as they reaped the benefits. They even convinced themselves he was right.

Well, even though Fred wasn't right, they saw that it was a good thing they did to expand "true worship" and they want the members to stay focused on paradise and Jehovah. They keep using Rutherford's playbook and even learn new stuff to keep the members focused. Eventually, they realize they don't know at all the day and the hour of Armageddon, but they want to be great semi-prophets just as Fred was in the past and they really are doing what's best for the members. Members cannot be trusted to stay focused on the organization unless the organization takes some liberties away from the members and guides them properly. These people would be ordinary hoodlums, prostitutes, addicts, etc. just like the rest of the world, UNLESS the Governing Body "plants" some seeds of urgency. Anything they do, they think is best for the members.

"Mistakes? We have only done Jehovah's will for the good of the members."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I am torn here. I think they DO believe their own hype because they HAVE TO for psychological reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit