What is the continuous link b/w Jehovah Witnesses and the First Century Christians?

by Bethelite Elder 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Bethelite Elder
    Bethelite Elder

Please explain this one....

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Neither built torture chambers in Church basements.

• tec
    tec

Alice - there are more than 38 000 denominations of Christianity (JW's and Mormons included). How many of them do you think built torture chambers in Church basements?

Tammy

• StAnn
    StAnn

There is no link between the Early Church and the JWs.

StAnn

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I think he's asking who are the people or groups between first century Christians and JW's that link them all together.

But what would I know, I'm just a hateful bigot....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A question phrased like this makes me picture some kind of opening through time to link the two separate periods.

Otherwise, a commonality is that they both follow a fairytale.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Palmtree/Hateful Bigot--I know what he's asking. There is no link between the first century Christians and the JWs. It doesn't exist. No one can show the link because it isn't there.

StAnn (also called an intolerant bigot on another thread~interestingly, it was the sweet, tolerant people who were doing all of the name calling and making insults, but at least they aren't bigots)

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

There is no link Same as their claim to have restored 1st century Christian beliefs The good news they preach is not the same.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Other religions like Christadelphians also try to claim a continuous link. Only Catholics have any right to such a claim.

I have an article at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/faithful-discreet-slave.php that examines whether there is such a link and and if any other religions ever believed what JW's did. Obviously not, since Russell didn't pick up the baton from anyone else, but pieced the bits he liked from a variety of sources.

• not a captive
    not a captive

None .

The JW slammed the door shut on the holy spirit operating in the lives of believers.

JWs went right back to institutional religion faster than you can say "pharisee".

They took all the Joy out of serving God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit