What is the continuous link b/w Jehovah Witnesses and the First Century Christians?

by Bethelite Elder 18 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    "They took all the Joy out of serving God."

That is sooooo true, NAC.

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

The same link between anointed before 1914 and anointed after 2000... It's all in the overlapping

They took all the Joy out of serving God.

No kidding...

JediMaster

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Apostles-apostolic fathers-3rd century church- 4th century catholic church- reformation-protestants-second adventists- Russell- Bible students- JW

I don't think I missed any...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Neither built torture chambers in Church basements.

Torture comes inmany forms, to some being abused as children by elders is tortur, as is seeing their children die from lack of blood.

But to each their own I guess.

The beam in our eye is always so less significant than the speck in someone elses.

• Seed Sower
    Seed Sower

Hello Everyone,

As an x-jw who has done a tremendous amount of studying since I left, the ONLY connection that ANY Christian has to first century Christian belief is no trinity, no hellfire, no immortal soul. Since the 300s, core doctrine has changed. I suspect if Paul was resurrected right now, he might not recognize what 'passes' for Christianity today.

So, it is not what organization you are in, it is what you believe...and most important, WHO you follow.

Seed Sower

• Seed Sower
    Seed Sower

Hello again,

Two other beliefs that first century Christians held is that EVERYONE lives on earth and NO ONE goes to heaven. The Kingdom is on earth and Christ will rule on earth.

Seed Sower

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    As an x-jw who has done a tremendous amount of studying since I left, the ONLY connection that ANY Christian has to first century Christian belief is no trinity, no hellfire, no immortal soul. Since the 300s, core doctrine has changed. I suspect if Paul was resurrected right now, he might not recognize what 'passes' for Christianity today.

That is quite debatable, but I agree with this, 100%: So, it is not what organization you are in, it is what you believe...and most important, WHO you follow.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

What is the link? Pure fantasy.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bethelite Elder,

Like Jesus presence in WT-land, it is an invisible link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit