My experience

by MrFreeze 23 Replies latest jw experiences

  • not a captive
    not a captive

    Hello Mr Freeze, That was a balanced way to say things. Just assessing it all. I liked that you acknowedged the effort so many make to be good Christian Witnesses of Jehovah.

    I left a lot of good people behind that I know tried. It was hard on them. And there was no joy in the obedience to the reqirements. My friends were mostly women whose husbands hated the "Truth".

    Thanks for telling us about yourself.

  • OnTheWayOut

    These friends who are supposed to be so loving, were pushing each other going through the door to try and be the first one to get the best seats.

    At the racetrack just west of Chicago, the high rollers sat in the Gold Cup Room- plush chairs that swiveled and a nice table for every seat, more spread out and uncrowded, right in the center. When the JW's used the place for conventions, the parents and grandparents would have their teens push to the front of the pack at 8 AM and shove past the elderly to get to the Gold Cup Room.

    Typically, when they got there, the attendants and volunteers that got in before 8 AM had already marked 75% of those seats for their families that had not arrived yet. They weren't allowed to save seats before 8 AM, but they didn't have to run up from the front door, so they casually marked their seats by 8:01. The big scramble was for the remaining 25%. Many teens would cut someone off bodily while their brother or sister got the seats.

    It was a terrible example of what human beings are like. I didn't even want to be part of it, so I avoided the Gold Cup Room.

    I always felt like I was bothering people.

    I had that feeling too. Sometimes, I only overcame objections because the person I was out in service with would expect it of me.

    It was all about the title.

    Took me awhile to see that, but I eventually saw it at all levels.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

  • jwfacts

    Welcome Mr Freeze.

    You are correct when you say JWs are generally genuine and identify that the Watchtower makes mistakes. Over time I came to realise that all other religions have members that are genuine and that the leaders make mistakes. That is an important connection to make. From then on I could not bear to sit and listen to JWs say how only they are good, only they are going to be saved, only they are truly happy etc, and started my exit.

  • cyberjesus

    thank you for posting! welcome

  • Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

    Welcome MrFreeze!

    As I keep reading different peoples experiences, I can't help but think to myself, "Wow! I thought I was the only one that felt that way! I guess not."

    So thank you for allowing me to put another check mark next to the "Yes-I-am-normal-despite-what-we-are-led-to-believe-as-witnesses" list.

    I'm thankful for no longer feeling alone. OOh this sounds like an idea for a new thread!

  • Lozhasleft

    Welcome to the forum...its a good place to be..

    Loz x

  • finallysomepride

    Welcome aboard, great place to be

  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

    Your thoughts ring bells with me too.

    Confused and fed up like me? I'm recommending for you to do some research.For me it is the only way to see both sides of it and make a decision.

    I've taken a couple of years out and read the NT 3 times over in NWT, Greek Interlinear for comparison, Gideon Bible (very good btw) What struck me was the message was not as clear cut as WTS say and the teachings of Jesus dont square with some of it at all.

    I've read 2 volumes of choice (2 and 6) CT Russells studies in scriptures. That was an EYE OPENER!! Whilst the man came thru as honest and humble and geniune in his efforts at serving Christ, ...we see with the wonder that is hindsight, what a load of balls quite a lot of it was. But I had to see that for myself,.. check stuff out is what im saying.

    Just because someone tells you something and even SHOWS you EVIDENCE, can still be wrong. CT Russells predictions for various dates were backed up with quite compelling prophesy and calculations,... but were ultimately wrong. Those nasty "Apostates" will tell you stuff on here and elsewhere, ... it may or may not be true or correct (but sadly for us born ins it mostly is!!) It's best to check and double check, which is where i am myself in the checking stage. Empower yourself andf do the leg work and you will start to feel a lot better.

    Cheers and welcome to the board

  • lisavegas420

    Welcome, enjoyed your experiences, thank you for sharing.


  • Butterflyleia85

    Welcome and thank you for sharing your experience. To say one thing and do another... that's sometimes what you get from other Brother & Sisters I recall when being JW... it's disappointing I would have to agree.

Share this