Another JW in the news

by TweetieBird 27 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

http://www.news-journalonline.com/breakingnews/2010/06/man-follows-wife-with-tracking-device-slashes-new-boyfriend.html

I know this guy and he is one of the meekest, mildest guys I ever knew. He just stepped down as an elder recently to work on his family life. I'm in shock, never would have thought him capable of this.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Sometimes I think people who appear very meek and mild aren't really dealing with their emotions in healthy ways and then they manifest themselves in shocking violence. This seems to happen alot- JW violence. Is it because they are so stressed?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

One more reason not to screw married women.

• mrsjones5
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

Frankly I find these stories not surprising since many JWs are two faced hypocrites. At the KH they cover themselves with a big white sheet

of righteousness, what goes on in their personal lives is something quite different. This was one of the things that made myself rethink what

I was involved in.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've never understood people who do crap like that. What did he hope to gain? A marriage breakup is bad enough without bringing violence into it. So he's losing his wife. Who wants to keep a cheating spouse anyway? Now he'll do jail time and probably never be allowed access to his kids again.

On the other hand, he may only have appeared to be a mild person. I've known "mild" people who had serious anger issues that only came out behind closed doors. Maybe she had a good reason to end the marriage. The whole bit about tracking her with a GPS makes him sound like a control freak.

W

• sacolton
    sacolton

The good news is the congregation will most likely keep his record a secret and he'll eventually become an elder.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I know that sometimes people are not as they appear but this was really a stand up guy. I think he snapped personally. I'm so sad for him and his family.

• upnorth
    upnorth

I agree with you Tweety.

I don 't think there is any reason for a spouse to have a sexual companion outside of the marriage. If a marriage is ending then after it's over let the fornicating begin !

but if a spouse is callous enough to disregard emotional attachments then they should not be surprised with the fallout of their impatience..

• andy5421
    andy5421

where does it mention he's a JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit