Another JW in the news

by TweetieBird 27 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

He looks like a sweetie.

She's 35; they've been married for 18 years; she would have been 17.

Syl

• Heaven
    Heaven

Is it because they are so stressed?

That's part of it. I think this is also what happens when you are repressed/oppressed. As a JW, we all know that you are expected to do more and more and that anything you do isn't really good enough. This is a nasty combo. that can lead to nasty results.

I have seen this in my own family. Beneath the "We're The Happiest People On the Face of the Earth" facade is a seething anger lurking just below the surface. It erupts at the most unexpected times. It is frightening and an indication of deep seated problems that have not been dealt with. I haven't seen much joy amongst my JW family members.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Any more reason why this religion has to go? Between excess stress and the devaluation of the present life, the witlesses are capable of doing just about anything (except telling the truth). I can remember that story about a witless couple whipping and killing their daughter for not being quick enough in finding a jacket. And, I am not letting them forget last summer's stories about the kidnapped children, or the witless that ate parts of a baby .

The more they recruit from prisons and mental institutions, the worse this is going to get. Not only the religion creates conditions that are conducive for people to do this sxxx, but they are recruiting people that are prone to doing it in the first place.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Cmon now, I have no doubt in my very OPEN mind that everyone here has heard the following from the platform.........." Jehovah's people are a HAPPY people".

I guess the fella that wrote those words originally was an exception, wouldn't you say?

NMG

• Scott77
    Scott77

Frankly I find these stories not surprising since many JWs are two faced hypocrites. At the KH they cover themselves with a big white sheet of righteousness, what goes on in their personal lives is something quite different. This was one of the things that made myself rethink what I was involved in.

thetrueone

I liked that.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

There are mentally unstable people everywhere (JW, religious, atheist).

Means nothing that he was a Dub.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Jehovah's people are a HAPPY people

I was damn happy! Oh, wait...no, that was "stifled and repressed". I get them confused sometimes.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Too bad the article does not say the man was a JW ex-elder. That extra information always makes for a great news story!

Thanks for sharing, TweetieBird...

ESTEE

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"seething anger lurking just below the surface."

Wow I have noticed that too! Even in myself, since I became free, I feel at peace. When I speak to family still in, the anger and irritation at even small things is very noticeable.

"devaluation of the present life"

That is so true WTW. That bothers me so much about this religion. They make you fritter away the one life you know you have, make you pin your hopes on some fairy tale, it's a wonder more people don't go nuts.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

where does it mention he's a JW?

Same question here.....I re-read the article and no mention of JWs. I assume someone here knows the family?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit