by TweetieBird 27 Replies latest jw friends

• not a captive
    not a captive

I feel the peace outside, too.

What a sad, sad mess for everyone.

• somebody
    somebody

(((((((((TweetieBird)))))))))

I'm sorry too. For his family and for the person he murdered's family.

And I'm so very sorry that this was someone you knew personally.

peace,

somebody/gwen

• asilentone
    asilentone

somebody, he did not get murdered, just seriously injured.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

A guy in Australia just killed his wife in front of the 4 year old...she found someone from America on the net....people freak and can't handle it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

To the questions about how we know he's a JW: the original poster, Tweety Bird, knows the guy and knows he's a JW.

To the comments that it doesn't matter that he's a JW because non-Dubs commit crimes, too, that is a narrow-minded view of how a person's faith in a high-control religious movement influences his life. Yeah, an atheist can commit a crime such as this but an atheist doesn't claim to belong to a group that has the ONLY direct line to GOD. So the motivations are very different, even if the circumstances are similar.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Yeah but Mad,

It may also be narrow minded to blanketly blame being in a high-control religious movement for the mental illness of someone.

5th

Hehe, I said movement!

• Scott77
    Scott77

To the comments that it doesn't matter that he's a JW because non-Dubs commit crimes, too, that is a narrow-minded view of how a person's faith in a high-control religious movement influences his life. Yeah, an atheist can commit a crime such as this but an atheist doesn't claim to belong to a group that has the ONLY direct line to GOD. So the motivations are very different, even if the circumstances are similar.

Mad Sweeney

MS,

I liked that point. Look! the WTS claims to represent God. In otherway, they are supposed to be the true role model for the rest of the world like the Israelites on the old. Right now, we see a complete opposite. This high mind control group is self destructive. Its brain washing teachings are nothing but fraud.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

UPDATE: Apparently, (from someone in his hall) he has been exonerated. Charges were dropped against him so I can only assume that the knife belonged to the boyfriend originally and he was defending himself. According to the paper, his wife said that John pulled the knife so she must have lied to side with the boyfriend. As I mentioned before, he really is a stand up guy and I really could not imagine him doing something like this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit