Lakers or Celtics?

by minimus 110 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

AVISHAI- Cool article on Ron. He really is a cool guy. Just marches to the beats of his own drummer. I can relate , I'm a bit like that myself. He is the main reason L.A. walked away at least last night- as NBA champions

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

There's nothing like a fourth quarter comeback in game seven. Still, I had a hard time watching the game. Something was missing...or should I say, somebody

Chick Hearn, the best ever!

• lola28
    lola28

Another championship for the Lakers!!!! Take that Boston! It’s funny to see the haters on here, especially the one who throws her opinion out there but does not know the difference between Ron Artest and Kobe Bryant, it just goes to show people will hate on the Lakers just for the sake of hating.

Second, just because a shoe company markets you as the best player ever it doesn’t mean you actually are. Let us do some basic math, Kobe has five rings and Lebron has zero, in fact Lebron has never even made it to the finals! So what pray tell makes people call him the greatest player ever? I thought that in order to be the best player in the world you actually had to win championships.

Third, it is not our fault that you team sucks and has sucked for what 7/8 years now? And lets face it Kings fans have very little pride, have you seen the amount of Laker fans that stream into Arco arena when the Lakers play there? Hell, your fans cheer more for the Lakers than they do the Kings and really can you blame them? Go back and watch a few games from this season and listen to Kings “fans” cheer MVP every time Kobe went to the free throw line! It’s easy to be bitter when the team you cheer for fails to make it into the post season year after year after year but how is that the Lakers fault? Even 11 years ago when your team was a contender they failed to make it to the Finals, that’s not on the Lakers that’s on the Maloof brothers and on the shitty players they put on the court. Say what you want about LA but the truth is very simple, you hate the Lakers because they are better than your team, always have been, always will be, 16 banners hanging from the rafters prove it. Have fun cheering for your tweener team in cow town tho, in this part of California we’ll go back to cheering for a team that actually matters and can win Championships. Oh and for the proud Celtic fans, I’d like to remind you that just a few seasons ago while playing in your house cheers of MVP could be heard loudly when Kobe touched the ball, so much for having pride in being Celtics fan, lol.

And if there is such a thing as heaven I can imagine our dear Chick Hearn saying in the final seconds of the game “"This game is in the refrigerator, the doors closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the Jello's jiggling." I’d like to think that the Lakers made him proud one more time.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You know they're calling Kobe, Lord of the Rings haha. Best player in the league. Lebron might be King James, but Kobe is The Lord.

• lola28
    lola28

Amen!

• avishai
    avishai

Lola, by your logic, Robert Horry is better than Kobe. He has SEVEN rings, with three different teams, an honor shared by only one other NBA player.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I wonder sometimes whether Horry should be in the Hall of Fame at some point. He's got the most rings, plus without a doubt he was one of the greatest clutch shooters, if not thee greatest clutch shooter this game has ever seen. No opposition wanted to see him with the ball with 2 seconds left in the fourth quarter. An old Rap song I liked, one of the lyrics was,

Its the blaze of glory, I'm killer in the clutch like the Laker's Horry, with 4 seconds left rappers can't ignore me

• lola28
    lola28

Robert is fantastic, I always wished he would come back to the Lakers as part of the bench mob *sigh*. The difference is that while both Robert and Kobe have won rings Lebron has won nothing, yes he has been named MVP and his team has had the best record in the NBA but then what? What good are MVP awards and reglar season wins if you can't get a win where it really matters?

• avishai
    avishai

lola28, you are obviously an educated fan, most folks don't have a problem w/ your type. That's fantastic, and yes the Kings have had some issues (so have the lakers, remember when they had Malone, Payton, Kobe, etc. and STILL couldn't get it done, with possibly the most talented team ever?) What drives so many people nuts about some laker fans (Including many "true" laker fans) are the bandwagon jumpers who no nothing about the sport, act like Kobe is the whole team, have no knowledge that there are other players, and act like because they wear a Laker jersey that somehow that greatness, dedication and talent rubs off on them by association. All teams have fans like this, but L.A being the entertainment mecca of the world is going to produce more of them, hence L.A is a HUGE draw financially, which is going to lead to far more scrutiny w/ blown calls, David Stern etc. So is Kobe and Phil complaining about "superstar treatement" when it comes to other teams. When Kobe has that many rings, when phil has, what, 11? It's going to ring hollow.

Kobe is a HELL of a player, and fun to watch as was Jordan in his heyday. I loved watching Kobe in the olympics, but was bummed when he and Lebron got all the attn., when it was Dwayne Wade who was seriously kicking ass. So it's possible to be a fan and still be driven nuts by some of the bs, especially in the NBA.

A great example of this for me is Bill Walton. He cracks me up, was my favorite player when i was a kid i love that he blazed his own trail (no pun intended) did it his way, but his nepotism, homerism, and general exaggeration occasionally get on my nerves when he's calling a game.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I'm sorry guy's, Lakers who??? Ohhh that's old news, I was watching the Red Sox sweep Manny and those LA what was the name???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit