Unbelievable CO Talk, scientists lie to us about earthquakes

by maninthemiddle 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

In my proper 'KH voice'...... """ I appreciate how the CO brings out that he got 'online'"""

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't know why? I know why--simply because these days, an earthquake in a remote part of the earth is picked up and reported as news. In the 1950s and 1960s, you had TV. In the 1970s and 1980s, you had satellite TV. In the 1990s and now, you have the Internet. It is getting easier for a report of an earthquake to become worldwide news now than it was prior to radio.

And I can think of some whoppers of earthquakes before 1914. Try 1906? Dingbat witlesses seem to disregard that, in 1906, San Francisco had an earthquake that devastated the whole city. As for why they are all happening now, that is easy for science to explain. A big earthquake in one area disrupts the whole earth's system. Any area that is ripe for an earthquake could have one set off by the first one. Each additional one weakens areas elsewhere that are due for another earthquake. The good news is, if you have recently had a big earthquake, this will not affect you--and if you do get one, it will be a wimpy one that will do little damage.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Did they give the scientists a motive for "lying" to us? I don't any reason why they would LIE. What is there to gain?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Maninthemiddle,

Thanks for that brief synopse. I appreciate it.

I am laughing over the "some scientists aren't liars because some are our brothers and sisters." Like that makes all the difference.

I believe that we are right on schedule with earthquakes, according to a graph that was shown on another thread.

I also believe that the appearance of many more earthquakes is due to improved global communications and improved earthquake monitoring equipment.

Yknot,

Sounds like I need to read all the posts before posting to avoid redundancy

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

'Scientists have lied to us in the past, so why should now be any different?'

The GB have lied to us in the past, so why should now be any different?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Sphere....does light cause earthquakes when it gets brighter?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Did I really hear this guy say that he had visited a website that was in fact a forum where ordinary people ,like us, leave their comments. He said that it would not be right to join it and leave a comment .. Did he really mean that his "Appeal to Authority" argument was nothing more than the varying comments of users of that forum?....Either he is totally Internet -ignorant or he is deliberately misleading his brothers by passing this off as an informed belief , as though 'that is what they say on the Internet'

Anyway, it is complete baloney...and any younger person in his audience who knows how these sites work will recognize him as a complete idiot.

By the way, I have a personal theory on this verse. The Greek word was seismos, translated 'earthquake'. But the same word is translated as 'agitation' at Mathew 8 : 24 (NWT) or 'tempest' in most Bibles...So I wonder whether Jesus meant to say literal earthquakes would come, or just general 'agitations'??

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

BluesBrother..

Either he is totally Internet -ignorant or he is deliberately misleading his brothers by passing this off as an informed belief.

I think you are right on both counts. Yes he did say this is what he read on the internet. But because he is a CO, everyone takes it as gospel.

I argued it to my wife as, yes he is a person but he is held to a higher standard because of his position, and it should not be wrong to tell them when they are wrong, but we all here know how that would go over.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I love how the organization warns children not to pursue higher education because their minds will get "filled with harmful propaganda" at University, but they can learn crazy stuff like this from the platform. Children believe this crap. I did until I saw a thread on here about actual historical earthquake data. My husband believed this about earthquakes too until he looked online.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

What about the New Madrid earthquake in the early 1800's? It's my understanding that it changed the course of the Mississippi River and was so huge that it was felt in Washington DC and caused church bells to ring in Boston(?) or somewhere in the eastern USA. Back then it only affected a few Indians and settlers. I've heard that an earthquake of that magnitude now would be far more catastrophic than anyone in this country has ever seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit