Unbelievable CO Talk, scientists lie to us about earthquakes

by maninthemiddle 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Just when I thought this stupid belief that earthquakes went up in 1914, here it is again. 4/6/2010

This was a CO giving the talk, the same one that ended with overlapping generations.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27642/earthquake.mp3

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Carl Oloff Johson totally debunks this issue beyond a shadow of a doubt in his book "Sign of the Last Days". He also debunks famines, pestilences, and wars. It's an excellent book.

-mentallyfree31-

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Are all these guys gay or what? Why can't any of them sound like real men?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u88kf1J6Kv4

Welease Woger!

• knock knock
    knock knock

I was thinking he sounds quite a bit like Truman Capote.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That was a CO?????

Far out. They must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

How old is he?

Chris

• gubberningbody
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Uhhhggghhh, he sounds like he's talking to a group of FIVE-YEAR-OLDS!!!! Talk about being talked down to!!!

Let's see... When was the seismograph invented...??

Well, it looks like the Chinese were way out ahead of the technological 'curve', initially...: http://www.chinatown-online.com/cultureeye/highlights/toads.htm

But the modern seismograph was basically invented in the late 1870's to 1880's...:

"Rossi-Forel Scale

The credit for the first modern intensity scales goes jointly to Michele de Rossi of Italy (1874) and Francois Forel of Switzerland (1881), who both independently published similar intensity scales. Rossi and Forel later collaborated and produced the Rossi-Forel Scale in 1883. The Rossi-Forel Scale used ten degrees of intensity and became the first scale to be widely used internationally. In 1902, Italian volcanologist Giuseppe Mercalli created a twelve-degree scale of intensity.

Modified Mercalli Intensity Scale

Although numerous intensity scales have been developed over the last several hundred years to evaluate the effects of earthquakes, the one currently used in the United States is the Modified Mercalli (MM) Intensity Scale. It was developed in 1931 by the American seismologists Harry Wood and Frank Neumann. This scale, composed of 12 increasing levels of intensity that range from imperceptible shaking to catastrophic destruction, is designated by Roman numerals. It does not have a mathematical basis; instead, it is an arbitrary ranking based on observed effects. ..."

From http://inventors.about.com/od/sstartinventions/a/seismograph.htm

Same site, slightly different discussion regarding the seismograph: http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blseismograph6.htm

So, if accurate instrumentation for recording earthquakes didn't exist until the late 1800's - and via improvement, the machines became more and more sensitive; then a person unschooled in the science of seismology could conclude that "earthquakes are INCREASING!!!"

Others have pointed out the book, "Sign of the Last Days", by Carl Oloff Johnson, which I haven't read yet. If I understand descriptions of the book correctly, though, Johnson discusses the evidence that the current spate of earthquake activity is not unusual in any way for planet earth...

Geological evidence shows that there were many violent earthquakes in the past, long before this supposed 'time of the end' according to the WTBTS, ever began...

Zid

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Black Sheep, Yes, that is a CO. I don't know his age, but he is on the older side of the scale.

Zid, he really did not sound quite that bad in person, but he did sound to me like a person that was going out of their way to sound humble.

MFree.. I haven't read the book but I am familiar with the argument. I thought that they had dropped the whole earthquake increase thng along time ago. I thought they realized how stupid an argument it is.

I think we may have some deaf on the board so I wanted to summarize this clip.

a. reads Matt 24 emphasis on earthquakes.

b. says earth quakes have increades since 1914.

c. "they" don't know why (i don't know who "they" is)

d. every time he gives this talk he looks at a website and the number of earthquakes are up.

e. scientists are lying to us about the number of earthquakes and resons for increase.

f. not all scientists are liers because some are our "brothers and sisters"

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Are all these guys gay or what? Why can't any of them sound like real men?

What do you expect when the WTS has these guys balls in a vise?

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/increase_in_earthquakes.php

Are Earthquakes Really on the Increase?

We continue to be asked by many people throughout the world if earthquakes are on the increase. Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant.

A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more than 8,000 stations and the data now comes in rapidly from these stations by electronic mail, internet and satellite. This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years. The NEIC now locates about 20,000 earthquakes each year or approximately 50 per day. Also, because of the improvements in communications and the increased interest in the environment and natural disasters, the public now learns about more earthquakes.

According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 17 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit