Ray Franz wrote back!

by hungry4life 14 Replies latest jw friends

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

My friend just called. She is very excited she just received a reply to her letter to Ray Franz. She said that it is about six pages long and not a form letter but a personal correspondance regarding the issues and concerns she had written him about.

She was moved to tears at the thought that a 79 year old man who suffered a stroke last year, would care enough about her to write back with such encouraging words. She had also written to the society ( a few weeks before she wrote to Mr. Franz) and never received any reply at all ( this despite the fact that she is a baptized witness in good standing in the congregation and wrote a very respectful letter addressing legitimate questions and concerns).
    She mentioned to me that it saddened her that the society with all of it's able bodied volunteers would not care enough to respond. This speaks volumes about true Christian love.

Thanks to everyone who read and responded to my original thread "Is Ray Franz still living"? A special thanks to Bible Examiner for offering me his email address in order to try to help me contact Mr. Franz. Even though we did not need it after all, I am very grateful for your help and support.

I have to be honest I was not sure that she would get a response
    ( she wrote the letter to the publishers address in the back of the book). But he did reply with no additional intervention from anyone. He said that he tries to respond to all letters but with the book available in 12 languages now he does get very busy.
    This proves it to me (not that he owed any of us proof). Ray Franz is alive and well. He embodies the qualities of true love and caring that we should all strive to imitate.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

hungry4life,

Ray Franz is alive and well. He embodies the qualities of true love and caring that we should all strive to imitate.
    He is just a real Christian. He would not quit doing what he does to retire even if he could because he cares about people, as shown by his responce to your friend.

Jst2laws

• LB
    LB

Is there any way you could share the contents of the letter? I know I'd love to peek over her shoulder.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

Hey everyone,

Go to www.commentarypress.com. You can also contact Ray that way. Take care

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

That's great! Yes, Ray will write back. Even when you tell him not to. Last time I wrote, I sent along a little something and I told him that I know he's busy with his book, so that he shouldn't write back this time.

He still wrote. After that, I called him on the tele and my buddy an I had a good long chat. This fall when I drive down to FLorida, I am going to see if he and Cynthia can meet me on the way through Georgia. I will have my wife with me who knows nothing of it, so maybe they can arrange to be at a stop on the way through. Kind of a "oh hello there, my name is (wink wink)"

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

BibleFlipper:

If you think that Ray and Cynthia would knowingly participate in such a planned "ambush", you really don't know anything about them.

Just one additional post indicating you are "goo goo eyes" over Ray. You remind me of a 13 year old girl that gets a front row ticket to a rock concert, gets handed a "souvenir" by the performer, and thereafter is mesmerized into a "worshipper".

Be careful while you are down in Florida. Lord knows what might happen if you get to take pictures with Mickey & Minnie at DisneyWorld!!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You might see Ray on your way to the deep south with your wife? That would be something to see.

I am glad Ray writes you Bx and keeps up to date with you and others. It is impressvive when you look at his age and what he has done (in my opinion) for a lot of people.

hawk

• JT
    JT

Lighten up MadA

one day you too will get your chance to relate your exp of meeting Ray
    and we all look forward to you sharing your exp as well

C YA

James

• TR
    TR

Madcow,

Aren't you able to see that some people are able to make a change in their life. You seem to have a loathing for Ray because he was a member of the GB. Well guess what, he didn't agree with much of the way the WTS operates. He's out now. Has been for over 20 years.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

TR:

What does "your post" have to do with "my post", which acknowledges Ray's high moral standards?

I just love it when people can't even read and comprehend my short, simple posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit