Elder "predicts" how many jws are going to live

by XPeterX 49 Replies latest jw friends

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Parents went to a jw gathering to read the WT for this week.A Jw said that only 5 people out of 125 in my congo will survive Armageddon and then that elder said: "No,not 5 people,maybe 20". DAMN I don't have words for him

• asilentone
    asilentone

interesting

• asilentone
    asilentone

I wonder what would one of the governing body members say about that?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Sadly, the JW organization attracts people with low IQ. Difficult for us to acknowledge, since most of us have close relatives in it.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I imagine he includes his precious little self among the survivors.

Someone died and made him Lord, apparently.

• carla
    carla

"Parents went to a jw gathering to read the WT for this week"- what? they went to a private home to do this? I thought that was banned now. No private gatherings to talk about God/Bible/WT's, allowable only at org sanctioned gatherings. Do I have this wrong?

• designs
    designs

Some of you may recall back in the 60s the society was going through the Parables and applying them to either those inside the organization or those outside. The result was it did a lot of guilt tripping inside and made the Witnesses judgemental and suspicious of each other, and in the ministry it play the marking game (remember the house to house slips we filled out).

When every Witness knows the current ministry ends with Armageddon it changes how you relate to people not of your faith. Jesus Saves (from Hell) has a similar effect.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

It truly must be God's organization when you believe there will be an 84% mortality rate among it's own followers at armageddon.

• Altar ego
    Altar ego

Sadly, I remember that myself, about 10 years ago, I would tell others JW in my congo who I thought would make it through Armageddon, and who would not. I recall saying that over 50% deserved to perish. When I think about it now, I am discusted at me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, no more claiming more than 7 million. If only 50% are going to survive, it is 7.3 million X 0.5, or around 3.6 million. If only 20 out of 125 are going to make it, the formula is 7.3 million X (20/125), or 7,300,000 X (4/25); in straight decimals, it is 7.3 million X 0.16. We arrive at a number that is closer to 1.2 million.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit