Here is the Letter I am thinking of sending ,give me your input

by troubled mind 43 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

GOOD revisition! Wish I had had the gutts back then to do the same...

• asilentone
    asilentone

you can get on their nerves, you can say do not ever announce my name in the Kingdom Hall or I will sue you! Just a suggestion.

• sherah
    sherah

I like the third letter and agree with Think About It's revisions...good luck!

You might consider listing what date you requested D.Smith to inform the BOE to stop harassing you. Also, you might say your request was "blatantly" ignored
  • ziddina
    ziddina

I like the third letter too - terse, to the point, and no 'statements of emotion'...

I have only one question...

Someone else's letter (don't have the reference; sorry!) stated something to the effect of "Any negative, inflammatory or reviling statements or announcements from the podium [of the local Kingdom Hall] regarding my personal character [that's probably not right, but...] or status within the religion, shall be considered libel and slander...

Others here will be better able to format that... Just something to the effect that, any negative comments from the elders (like disfellowshipping you in absentia) will be considered libel and slander and may open the Kingdom Hall/elders/Watchtower organization up to liability for damages...

Wish I could remember the heading for that well-written legal letter... Maybe someone already posted it on this thread...

Zid

• ziddina
  • ziddina
    ziddina

And, from that thread, page 1, here is the pertinent paragraph:

" Any efforts to make a pronouncement or take action regarding Mr. Minette's status as a Christian, his moral character or any other statements which may possibly affect his relationship with others will be viewed as a violation of Mr. Minette's constitutional rights, in fact, violation of his First Amendment rights. In addition, we will seek assistance from the Superior Court of Maricopa County or from the United States District Court in Phoenix, Arizona to protect those rights if necessary. In doing so, my client has requested that I seek attorney fees...."

I wouldn't make comments about attorney fees, but that statement, "Any efforts to make a pronouncement or take action regarding Mr. Minette's status as a Christian, his moral character or any other statements which may possibly affect his relationship with others will be viewed as a violation of Mr. Minette's constitutional rights..."

Some variation of that might keep them from DF'ing you, too... The letter is dated 1985, so perhaps the WTBTS has found a way to slither around that legal issue, but it wouldn't hurt to add this type of statement to the mix...

At least, in my opinion... That is, if you DON'T want to DA or be DF'd...

Zid

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Attention to the Elder body of the *******Congregation Of Jehovah’s Witnesses"

The letter is just fine if the elders are harassing you. It would be nice if you could fill in the blank of what congregation this is, because the elders at my Hall don't go where they are not wanted.

Someone told me this at this website here so I don't go there anymore:
    http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/chronology/607-bce-the-bible-or-the-formula.html#comments#comment-2825

"I wish you would get off this site cause the only thing you may succeed in is drivin' folks crazy cause you sure won't drag us back to the Kingdom Hall."

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

What congregation do you go to AIW? I must have missed that in your previous posts.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Southmain, Houston, TX

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The letter is just fine if the elders are harassing you. It would be nice if you could fill in the blank of what congregation this is, because the elders at my Hall don't go where they are not wanted.

Alice, she didn't put the address on it here because this is a public forum. I'm quite sure she will add the address in the letter that will be sent to the hall and in the copy that will be filed with the police.

Think woman think!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit