JWs and medical marijuana

by dogon 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

NC,, I got that flick from the library ,, and all I can say is LMFAO!!!

what a crock!

propaganda at its best .. smh

it's almost funny, if it wasn't so sad.

t

• talesin
    talesin

good nite,,, it's late here,,,

xoxo to you all!

tal

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wasn't a pot smoker growing up. I thought it was stupid. I looked at pot smokers like Cheech and Chong. That's why when my Dr suggested it, I was really irritated with her. Then when I did get the prescrition and walked inot a dipensary, I just felt like a dork. But they were patient and explained strains, method of taking meds etc. That's when I bought a vaporizer.

One thing I don't do anymore is drink. Drinking Adam is not a nice guy. Also ruining my health. Pot smoking Adam is very nice, to the fridge. Most likely to eat the last piece of pizza.

Wifey partakes same time of the month for about 3-4 days

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, Wha Happened, why not invite me the next time you take your med's.

We could have a party. I'll bring the Snacks, maybe I can convince New Chapter, and Talesin to join us.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'll bring the Snacks, maybe I can convince New Chapter, and Talesin to join us.

Yes, I'm sure you'll really have to work hard on that. As far as snacks, cheap gas station burritos and Doritos offer a plethura of textures and tastes that can only be fully appreciated (or even tolerated) after a visit with Wha. Gifts from the party gods.

NC

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

actually I would be boring. Once I vape or munch on an edible, I pass out. That's why I use it.

• talesin
    talesin

I don't really get munchies, but think of the discussions we could have .... that would be fun, QB!

tal

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

They have no business to say "Yes or No" to medical "Mary Jane"! My conscience bothered me none, discretly helping dyinging dubs, learn the correct way to treat their medicine plants. What do anti-marijuana groups think Oxycontin, Hydromorphon, Norco are made of? At least with

medical marijuana, the user is able to regain their appetite from the harsh chemotheraphy treatments. Opium based medications have negative side affects of constipation, harsh nausea (a No-No! with cancer patients) and are suspected in helping tumors grow faster, opium and certain cancers have a strange interaction which faciilate the invasion to conqueor the body faster.

• talesin
    talesin

BA, my aunt suffered with nausea for years because of her treatments, and she wouldn't take mj because of the org. She's one of the few people that loved me, and never shunned me whatsover, she was such a good person. I pleaded with her to let me help her with it (we don't have dispensaries here, and it's hard to get).

Bless you for taking care of those people!

• SuzyQ49418
    SuzyQ49418

I found this thread doing a Google search on Jehovah's Witnesses position on medical marijuana. Tobacco was mentioned in one of the posts. Tobacco actually does have some practical uses. It can be used as a disinfectant, a pesticide and in a poultice for taking the sting out of wasp and bee stings. And, believe it or not, smoking cigarettes actually does have SOME health benefits. This is referred to as the "smokers paradox". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine , see under "health effects". My two cents worth. Personally, the way I see the issue and what doesn't make sense to me about JW reasoning on pharmaceuticals v. "drugs", is that even pharmaceuticals have some seriously bad side effects that lead to bodily harm with long-term detrimental effects. Some of them even come right out and list "death" as a potential side effect. If I'm allowed to make a trade off like that for any other pharmaceutical, why not weed or even tobacco? Their position doesn't make sense to me. And, I notice in their publications, they never address studies that counter the ones they cite. But, of course they wouldn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit