• minimus
    minimus

RANDY, that was terrific!!!

Write a book. (I think you have).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Randy..

I totally enjoyed your post..

Looking forward to the next instalment..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• The Finger
    The Finger

Thank you I enjoyed reading it. Although it makes me feel rather sad.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Thank you, Randy. Fascinating.

My cousin was at Bethel approximatley 1978-1974 and kept in close contact with friends there after he came back to SC. I don't know any details at all from him so it's very, very interesting to read your experiences. Sometime after this period that you have just written about my cousin stopped going to meetings and began living life very differently. That's all I'll say. His upbringing as a JW, his experiences at Bethel, and his realization that it was not the TRUTH have all been traumatic and devastating to him.

Your pictures are GORGEOUS! Many people would pay millions for those views. I can't believe the WTBTS didn't sell all that property back in 2006 when real estate was BOOMING.

• Terry
    Terry

The clarity of your writing and the integrity of your journey shines through so clearly in this post, Randy.

It is an important story for many reasons, but mostly, because it is true.

If each one of us printed it out and mailed it (anonymously) to an active JW I think a lot of good could come of it!

Rock on, Bro!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Very interesting. I came "in" in 1973, when I was 21 and so trusting.

I remember the 1975 furor, and later some saying it was all concocted by apostates. I just didn't know enough to run at that point. Unfortunately, it took 30 more years to completely "wake up."

Looking forward to your next installment!

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I've read both parts of your story so far, and they are such a great read.

Thank you so much for all you do with Freeminds and on here. Even though I left being a JW and made my peace with that decision far before I ever found any ex-JW material of any sort, what you do makes a difference for other JW's on the fence. The work you and others do I'm sure has helped many escape the cult. What an amazing gift you have given others with your efforts.

• mann377
    mann377

Great read!!! My hats off to you Randy.

You confirmed that....... a religion that has all the answers.....allows no questions!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But when you have family who are in you are never free from this destructive organization. Our family has suffered much, especially after my parents became baptized JWs. There was a destinctive negative shift in their treatment of us and many family traditions were lost. I experienced behaviour that was in direct contrast to the teachings of Jesus Christ. This made me realize that JWs are NOT Christians but Jehovans.

So true Heaven.

Great read as always Randy.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Wonderful job Randy, I can't express how greatly it resonates with me. I was there 1965-69 and served as the overseer for the home painting and plastering crew. That job granted me access to every nook and cranny of the buildings, even the Knorr/Henschel penthouse apartment complex. What this brings to mind one thing Ray said to someone who inpugned the accuracy of CoC' " I stand behind every single word!" Amen. His book portrtays those crotchy old men, Knorr, Franz, Karl Klein to a tee. It's a rare Bethelite who leaves the place with his/her idealism intact. Thank you once again, not least for the great work freeminds.org is accomplishing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit