Talking to two J dubs on a busy downtown street

by ldrnomo 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• sir82
    sir82
    since you feel you have overturned their belief system-what hope did you share with them?

I've never understood this line of reasoning.

If I walk past a burning movie theater, I have an obligation to warn everybody inside to get out.

I do not have an obligation to tell them the name of another theater where they can watch the end of the movie!

If a JW is unable to defend his beliefs, the onus is on him to research and find something to believe in that he can defend.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

techdotcom,

apology accepted, you do have a point although I did say at the time I wasn't sure on the figures.

sir82,

your illustration is a good one I will keep that in mind the next time someone says that to me.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    since you feel you have overturned their belief system-what hope did you share with them?

I use to think that I had to have a replacement religion for the witness that I was 'witnessing' to. Especially my wife.

My wife asks me this question all the time when I show her how her beliefs could be wrong. I just simply point her to Christ alone without religion attached. That's not good enough for she feels she already has Christ.

This argument is just a way for the witnesses to try to weasel their way out of defending their faulty doctrines. The proof is on them to justify it, though. I've already told my wife that if she can find proof of 1914 then I will suit up and go to the meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit