Talking to two J dubs on a busy downtown street

by ldrnomo 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

So I’m out of town for a couple of days for a software seminar. It didn’t start until noon yesterday so I took a walk down a busy street famous for it’s shopping and as I got to the end of the stores and the beginning of apartments I noticed two women standing on the sidewalk in front of what I later noticed was a Kingdom Hall.

As I started walking by giving them a smile and a polite greeting the one that was older, they were both young based on my terms the older in her 30’s middle to late the younger in her 20’s probably late. Anyway as I was saying, the older one took a step forward and started going through the usual mindless presentation. It hasn’t changed.

So then I said “is it your religion that doesn’t believe in using blood to save lives” There was a slight reaction that looked like they were taken aback and then they presented the usual lines they’re Watchtower puppet masters want them to say.

Over the course of about an hour I carefully led them into every corner of their beliefs I could think of IE:

Everyone being killed by God. They obviously didn’t like the fact that I so quickly arrived at the conclusion that the wicked were essentially everyone that was not a true believer. When I asked them what a true believer was they couldn’t get away from admitting true believers were Jdubs They didn’t like the fact that I kept saying everyone else would be killed they kept correcting me and saying you mean destroyed.

It was all pretty basic stuff. I knew what I could get them to say by leading them into conversations. It was fun because they of course are so predictable.

The good news is that I took one 192 page book “What Does the Bible Really Teach” and one blood pamphlet out of circulation as I quickly cast them into a trash container where they belonged. I debated about giving them to a beggar on the street along with a coin but I couldn’t do that to a poor homeless person.

LD

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They didn’t like the fact that I kept saying everyone else would be killed they kept correcting me and saying you mean destroyed.

Cognitive Dissonance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I enjoyed that.

Thankyou

Chris

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Good for you, I can barely stomach talking to them anymore- did it a couple of weeks ago and it ended with a JW getting all loud and emotional. Please tell me you didn't contribute for the lit. Is there a new blood brochure talking about the fractions and all?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

They didn’t like the fact that I kept saying everyone else would be killed they kept correcting me and saying you mean destroyed.

I bet they didn't like that. But hey, it's their ugly theology; make them own up to it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Destroyed and Killed are very different..

If your Destroyed,you don`t get Killed as bad..

Crazy 1

................................ ...OUTLAW

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I'm gonna have to draw some JW's out in a crowd one day when I see some in an out of town place where nobody knows me. That will be fun as I ask all the right questions to make them cringe.

-mentallyfree31-

• ziddina
    ziddina

"They didn’t like the fact that I kept saying everyone else would be killed they kept correcting me and saying you mean destroyed. ..."

Killed, Destroyed.... Potato, poh-tah-toe...

Sounds like you had fun, Ldrnomo - Leader no 'Mo??

Thanks for sharing! Zid

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Nice experience. I love reading those types of things!

• man in black
    man in black

That was a fun- neat read, thanks for making the effort,,,,, and then sharing it with us here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit