Talking to two J dubs on a busy downtown street

by ldrnomo 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

One thing I made them think about was the growth rate of who they thought would be saved and the growth rate of who was going to be killed.

So I first got them to agree that to be saved they would have to be taught the Bible by Jdubs then I asked them how many of those there were they said around 7,000,000, . I then asked them what the growth rate was of their religion and they didn't know so I estimated way high like 10% so they could figure it out easily, neither of them knew how to figure 10% of 7 million so I had to tell them the answer then I told them there were about 3.5 billion people on the earth and it the growth rate of the earth was 10% per year, I know it's more than that but I just wanted to get the point across that the longer their God waits, the more people he's going to have to kill, I mean destroy

IE:

3.5 billion +10% = 3.5 million

7 million + 10%= 700,000

That's over 2 and 3/4 million a year more people that God is going to have to destroy. After telling them these calculations, I told them "you ladies are going to have to get busy"

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

then I told them there were about 3.5 billion people on the earth and it the growth rate of the earth was 10% per year

Where did you get this figure? The numbers I've looked up show a growth rate of the world as about 1.1%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_growth

Qoute from jw facts at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php:

n the 5 years prior to 1975 the number of publishers was increasing at an average of 15% per year. During the 1980?s and early 1990?s growth continued at over 5% per year. This has fallen to between 1 - 2%, hardly more than the world?s population growth of 1.2%

These number seem to be in basic agreement.

Since your basic conclusion is correct, I hate to criticize. However, if you are really interested in being the light of reason and intellect to the those who have been lied to and mislead, then it hardly seems like a good idea to either lie outright to prove your point, or to simply guess without really looking up the data.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Since your basic conclusion is correct, I hate to criticize. However, if you are really interested in being the light of reason and intellect to the those who have been lied to and mislead, then it hardly seems like a good idea to either lie outright to prove your point, or to simply guess without really looking up the data.

Actually, they way he approached it sounds like a VERY "good idea." While the numbers are not precise, the conclusion he helped them to reach that the preaching work is not keeping up with world population growth is correct. They probably will not remember the numbers by the time they get home anyway.

And "Ldrnomo" stands for elder no more.

• flipper
    flipper

LDRNOMO- Good job my friend . Sounds like you gave these lady's lots to think about. " Killed " as opposed to them using the term "destroyed " ? I mean, what's the difference ? It's amazing how witnesses odd usages of words tries to soft pedal the blow or message they are conveying. It makes it easier for me to see how they can exploit this " overlapping generation " farce right now. Way to go guy

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Nice read, thanx for sharing.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good work , those little seeds planted! those Dubs are certainly going to have to get their ass' going.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

since you feel you have overturned their belief system-what hope did you share with them?

• maputo95
    maputo95

A cult of presumption which leads to people with judgmental isolationist attitude. Give me the angelus and incense anyday!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

ldrnomo said:

then I told them there were about 3.5 billion people on the earth

Not sure where you arrived at that figure. If you type in World's population under google or various other

search engines they seem to indicate the world population to be around 6.8 billion. So almost twice the 3.5

I can remember being in the org a few years ago and a couple brothers talking about how the world population

was 6 billion+ and the total J.W.'s was 6 million+ so right around 1 percent of the worlds population and saying

how even though we were growing by leaps and bounds that we could still lay claim to the scriptures at Matt.7:13,14

as the few finding the cramped road leading to everlasting life.

But other than that one small detail about the worlds population I liked how you reasoned with them ldrnomo.

We never know what may get someone to actually stop and think about what they really believe and reason on it.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

techdotcom said:

I see your point about accuracy, but I didn't have the figures in front of me and I was feigning ignorance and did mention that I did not know the exact figures however they accepted my illustration as valid. At least as valid as a JW can think beyond the cult.

By the way your segue way into your critique raises a question. If you hate to do it then why do you? Is it a sacrifice you feel you need to make to help out a lesser intellect?

I'm just teasing you know. I don't care. I love this forum.

But life is too short to do anything that you hate to do. You don't have to criticize if you hate to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit