Ray Franz Tribute

by besty 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

....and if you bothered to read the first post, and the spirit of the posts that followed, you can see where this thread is.

Death is a serious thing. Lets show some respect. You are more then welcome to start your own thread on Ayn Rand if you want.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    The tribute is beautiful. I love it.

I agree MrsJones5

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"....and if you bothered to read the first post, and the spirit of the posts that followed, you can see where this thread is.

Death is a serious thing. Lets show some respect. You are more then welcome to start your own thread on Ayn Rand if you want."

I know little about Ray Franz except for his descent from the governing body.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Again AIW, start your own thread. This is tantamount to busting in on the middle of a memorial service, quoting Ayn Rand, and loudly asking for information about him.

There have been 20 threads started on Ray Franz in the last 2 days. Read them, and buy the book Crisis of Conscience. This isn't the place for your comments, with all respect.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Try to show some decency Alice. A man just died.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It is a fitting tribute to an fine, honorable man.

Thank you for putting it together, Besty, Jeff and V!

• Thetis
    Thetis

So eloquently written!

After reading C.O.C., my healing journey began. A gracious man who touched our lives!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Very well worded,written and put together.

It doesn't put Ray on a pedastal (which he wouldn't want)

and yet it gives him the honor and respect that he is due for all his hard work freeing so many minds from human bondage.

Oh and welcome to JWN Thetis. I see this is your first post. Hope to hear more about and from you in the future.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Thank you for that. I shared it on my Facebook profile. Ray helped me to understand how so many are duped, and he cleared up so many things.

He was a great man, and I would have loved to have met him. He was a father figure of note! (As my own JW elder, father dissapointed me) I will always be grateful for his courage to stand for his convictions, and his conscience.

Rest in peace Ray, you are a legend!

Agent Smith

• boyzone
    boyzone

Can you love a man you've never met? With Ray, the answer's yes. There is no superlatives to describe a man so willing to follow his conscience at such personal cost, then go on to inspire many thousands of people to do the same.

With no sense of exaggeration I can honestly say that man gave me back my life. I owe him such a debt of thanks for his books and his courage that I can't begin to describe it.

Sleep well Ray, and a hearty "well done"

Claire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit