Ray Franz Tribute

by besty 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Having recently lost my mom, it is amazing how important it is that we remember and honor a person and their life when they pass. It truly isn't in the JW culture to think of it in those terms, but it is important.

Ray Franz lived an important life. Rarely does the man who wants to be great become great. Ray simply did what all great men do, he lived a life of honesty and integrity and was true to (the real) truth.

The tributes in total that have been payed to him have been paid, not because of what he started for himself, but because of what he started for others.

If a man's greatness can be told in the lives that he influences and touches, then surely, there will never be another Raymond Franz. May we all strive to imitate the example he set.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I shared this on my facebook...he's such an awesome man! We were all blessed to have

him touched our lives. He has left a legacy that will be hard to touch.

• besty
    besty

thanks Jeff - thats so true - BETHEL SNOOPERS - what will your legacy be?

• not a captive
    not a captive

Beautiful. Wonderfully done.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

asilentone,

semantics. His accident occurred at home. He was transferred to the hospital in Atlanta, but was not coherent and... I'll leave it at that.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Excellent and very fitting. As someone who knows little about Ray and just started reading CoC I'm so glad he shared some of his thoughts and experiences with us.

MMXIV

• Heaven
    Heaven

Thanks for doing this. It is well done. I never met Ray but I tore through "Crisis of Conscience". I thank him so very much for writing this book. It confirmed my suspicions and also educated me on so much more. The average witness has no idea how their 'Mother' organization works or runs. I think they would be appalled at it's origin and history. I am currently working on "In Search of Christian Freedom". I tell everyone I know or anyone who even mentions "Jehovah's Witnesses" that they are a cult and to stay away from them.

In my immediate family, once my Dad passes away, there will be no more Jehovah's Witnesses. Me and my bro will see to it.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

A lovely tribute to a wonderful man.

Loz x

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That was exactly right, the perfect tribute.

It is interesting for some to realize that he was never saying LEAVE, he was saying "Be aware fully of what this is and is not". I think he did a good job of making people aware, even those who chose to stay. I hope he rests easy now.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Beautifully done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit