The God Delusion

by alice.in.wonderland 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I've been in the organization most of my life and there's not a pedophile issue in Jehovah's Organization that can be distinguished from any other organization.

Then why did the WT have to pay out?

Jehovah’s Witnesses care for victims of child abuse

Press release: November 21, 2007

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Alice,

You state:

Science and faith are two different things. There's no reason for either to get in one another's face, and there's no reason for them to conflict. Personally, I think science is a wonderful and interesting way to learn about the means God used to create.

I agree totally that science and faith are two different things. That is why I cannot agree that you can use science to learn about the means that God used to create everything. The problem being youve started with an assumption that cannot be tested in a meaningful fashion. (at least in any way that I am aware of) Science is simply a method, not an answer, or a comfort, or a reason. Faith can be so much more, so much more easily than science. However, in the end, the products of science can be peer reviewed and verified or dismissed. Faith cannot give to others the unique and personal experience of those who have it to those who do not.

While a part of me wishes that I could simply believe and be happy, I cannot. Nor, could I trade the anguish and uncertainty of knowing my own ignorance for the seeming false comfort of faith if it were possible to do so.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I was going to say something once AGAIN on the Catholics priest issue. Instead of being goated and thats how Alice perceives the people here.

Stop ..... this is a thread topic on the belief in god or not.

I've come to the conclusion that ALICE cant possibly analytically discus an issue without bring up the fucking Catholics.

Based on this conclusion presenting comments on her or his topics are a waste of my time and anyone elses.

Reading these posts here shows a narrow controlled mind that is unfortunately rigidly staid with JW doctrines.

Keep on kicking down those Catholics AIW, they need to be kicked in the back side

and you need to be kicked in the back side for being in the religious cult of the Watchtower Corporation.

I wish you would investigate the humanist movement that is happening in this generation today, humanity is waiting for you.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Then why did the WT have to pay out?

Because there was documentation that two people were disfellowshipped in the late 70's and early 80's and the mistake of not alerting the authorities was made. The society's abuse policy has been refined since then but they certainly weren't protected by the organization.

• tec
    tec

Techdotcom - I'm the one who said that. I've no idea how Alice felt about it, because she did not respond. I already have faith in God, which is why I said that I personally believe that science is a method of discovering how He created things. For me, they're not in conflict.

Tammy

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

" I've come to the conclusion that ALICE cant possibly analytically discus an issue without bring up the fucking Catholics."

Let me ask: Is this a forum where no rules apply? The Catholic Church is the epicenter of Christendom. Almost all Christian churches are offshoots of Catholicism.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

OK Fucking Christendom, which whether you agree to it or not you are very much a part of.

They are all Corporations after all.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Oops, my bad tammy. No offence intended, just completly disagree with the initial belief and the statement that it's then even possible to use science to enhance belief in any way.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I've been in the organization most of my life and there's not a pedophile

issue in Jehovah's Organization that can be distinguished from any other organization.....AIW

The Bullshit never ends with you..

You can`t lump in other religions pedophile problems,with WBT$ Pedophile Problems..

The WBT$ is just so much better than other religions..So says you and the WBT$..

And..

Other religions are not responsible for WBT$ problems..

Other religions don`t dictate to the WBT$ to cover up WBT$ Pedophile Problems..

Or..

To put Gag orders on the Victims they have had to pay out..

The WBT$ does that all by themselves..

Defending the WBT$ policeys..

On WBT$ Pedophiles and their Victims,makes you Despicable..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• tec
    tec

It's all good, techdotcom. I'm sure we'll have a chance to have that conversation on another thread one of these days :)

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit