Why do I suddenly get stupid when the elders talk to me

by JWinprotest 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Does anyone else have the same problem. When I'm alone, I am constantly thinking about all the clever things I'm going to say if visited by the elders, but when I actually get confronted, these things never come to mind, and I keep spitting out drivel like some dumb idiot. After they leave, I rethink the conversation, and I'm furious over all the oppotunities I've missed to put them in their place.......DAMN IT!!!!!!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I'm with ya.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Deer in the headlights feeling, I know I've done the very same thing and missed lots of opportunities over the years. I still didn't say what all I wanted when I went to the Judicial committee meeting before I was Disf'ed. They can make us all feel intimidated.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Conditioning and intimidation.

Kind of like our parents.

Syl

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

all the time

tt

• moshe
    moshe

Jw's think they are very smart, but it's because they rehearse, rehearse and rehearse all the comebacks and witty skits they do out in field service. You are just facing your limited natural ability to think on your feet without a virtual WT teleprompter to make you look good. Don't feel bad, I know a couple of Presidents who have the same problem doing a live debate.. You will find that even some long term members of this forum are also often caught off guard by JW's and they can't put them in their place when they ring their doorbell.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If it makes you feel any better, facts/data/evidence will bounce right off of them. Loyalty to the "Slave" is ALL that matters, no matter what the facts are.

To keep it simple, just ask them to explain to you, from the Bible, what year that WT became 'the only true religion'.

• agonus
    agonus

I think it has something to do with several of them being in the same proximity and the combined forces of stupidity somehow causing your IQ to drop...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Don't be intimidated by corruption is the best advise.

They come to show their spiritual strength and power against your identified weakness and lack of faith.

Hold up a mirror in front of them when you do expose the corruption of the WTS..

Elders pretentiously pose themselves as representatives of the Almighty's power and grace.

You knowing better will only frustrate them.

Its really a simple matter of what you thought of the organization at one time

but through gradual investigation and resolve you've realized they aren't what you first perceived them to be

or the organization for that matter.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I always had this problem when facing anyone. It always seems that I think of the appropriate answers/response a few hours later. It bothered me then and now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit