The one thing that might bring down the Watchtower

by Cagefighter 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

Although these figures are old, take note of the drop in revenues and donations. This is the point I keep bringing up - they have a serious problem.

metatron

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Metatron..

You make a Good point..

In all likely hood..The WBT$ will be the Author of their own Demise..

................... ...OUTLAW

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I think the WTBTS revenues and donations are WAY down over the last 3 years. Their lack of money will bring their demise maybe sooner than we think.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I have no clue what the heck myelaine is saying. Does anyone else?

• myelaine
    myelaine

In the second year of King Darius, on the first day of the sixth month, the word of the LORD came through the prophet Haggai to Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest:

This is what the LORD Almighty says: "These people say, 'The time has not yet come for the LORD's house to be built.' "

Then the word of the LORD came through the prophet Haggai: "Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?"

Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."

This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD. "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house. Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops. I called for a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the oil and whatever the ground produces, on men and cattle, and on the labor of your hands."

love michelle

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Thank you myelaine but most of us can read the bible here and own one or two. If you are trying to say something please say it if not don't junk up the thread.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Myelanie all due respect but I am suspecting you are a JW or something. One this board people are free to express opinion, commentary, etc... I have read some of your other post and you qoute others and then give a verse. Considering how much we have all been manipulated by twisting scripture this is rather condenseing. Because I am sure she will not reply, does anyone know what translation she is qouting from. I don't have the time or curiousity to google it myself. Gotta hit the gym.

• Scully
    Scully

I always wondered why, whenever one of the "little people" among JWs - the Joe and Jane Publisher - needed anything in a material way, the WTS's response was that they should Wait On Jehovahâ„¢ and pray about it and just keep plodding along, hoping that their needs would be met.

However, when the WTS needed to raise funds, they went right to all the Joe and Jane Publishers and expected donations. Even to the point of announcing misleading financial reports at conventions in order to stimulate donations. At one point, while sitting through a convention where it seemed that the need for donations was the friggin' theme of the convention, I thought, *SCREW THEM* - they should be taking the lead in Waiting On Jehovahâ„¢, not guilt tripping and squeezing everyone for every last penny they can get from the flock.

The thing that will bring the WTS to its knees will be Joe and Jane Publishers who get fed up to their back teeth with the constant demand for money from the WTS, whilst being told that they have to put their lives on hold and Wait On Jehovahâ„¢.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Thats my point Scully... I tend to agree with Da Cheech I wonder if there is a secret group of "shareholders" someone is making money. I heard once just ask any broker on wall street about the Watchtower society. Supposedly they invest heavily into the market. I would like to see more proof of this. It is not a money in and money out orgainization like they claim.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is not purely a money-in and money-out organization, but it is just that at the same time. The money-out is indeed funneled. I don't keep up, but it was funneled to certain car dealers and providers of materials in the past. In NY city, it was funneled through powerful business people including realty experts and lawyers. It's all legitimate on paper.

In many ways, it's like the U.S. military paying $800 for a hammer in the 1980's. Sure, it is a crock, but hard to prove that anyone is stealing. Again, I don't keep up, but I know that many items for quick-builds and for travel packages to International Conventions are way too expensive.

It is very hard to draw the line between those who think it's all on the up-and-up and those who think it's corrupt. Joe and Jane Publisher will assume everyone is okay with the way moneys are used.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit