The one thing that might bring down the Watchtower

by Cagefighter 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Just on my experience one of the biggest draws to "the truth" is that fact that no one is in it for the money. But you can't tell me there isn't money they have a whole marketing system with no labor costs. Most businesses spend 20-35% of their gross revenue on labor cost. Add to that there is little operational cost as the congo mows the lawns, does repairs, builds halls... It's easy to see the John and Jane publisher are constantly presented with this image that there's no real money and everything is volunteered. It takes very little from 7 million to make a killing for a few at the top.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

If Don Adams and other members of the governing body drove exotic sports cars and lived in lavish homes all you would need to "bring down the Watchtower" is a camera. I think there's some confusion with Joseph Ratzinger.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

If it is corrupt, I would suspect the guys like the current GB and heads are power hungry stooges that are sexually confused and happy with the occasionaly trip to Bankok or Manila (if you know what I mean)... The ones spending the money would be descendants of Rutherford most likely and people you never heard of or that identify themselves as JW's.

• StAnn
    StAnn

AIW, wow, you are a real hater aren't you. You're always spewing foul-mouthed comments against poor Pope Benedict XVI. And he's such a great guy. I think you're just jealous because Catholic leaders are actually educated.

My friends at Bethel state that the GB all live in very, very nice luxury apartments. They've seen them. And that they all get new Cadillacs to drive every year; of course, they're donated to the GB from brothers with means.

Poor Pope Benedict has to live in a building that is hundreds of years old and doesn't even have air conditioning or the other creature comforts of the GB in New York. Poor B16.

StAnn

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

AIW, the reason Catholic clergy can't marry is so they can't pass down assets. Anything they may own would go to the church.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The GB does have an image to keep up.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"I have no clue what the heck myelaine is saying. Does anyone else?..."

No - and I don't have much respect for someone who hides their identity behind their little two-year-old - and is idiot enough to post the child's likeness on a public board on the internet - that's NOT bright, in terms of maintaining "net" security...

• little witch
    little witch

I don't think the tower will be brought down, but that it can be made ineffectual by educating the public, sharing information, acceptance and understanding, patience, tolerance, and by demanding (by voting) that non profits prove they are non profits!

My two cents

LW

• sir82
    sir82

I've posted this on other threads, but it illustrates the "running out of money" point nicely....

In the SE United States, there was a big to-do a couple of years back. A multi-million dollar Assembly Hall was "needed", all elders from numerous circuits were invited to a "special" meeting, and the decision was made to proceed.

It was expected to be a 3-year project - occupancy in 2011 or so.

2 years later, of the $8.8 million budget about $6-7 million had been "promised", and only about half that has actually been contributed. They haven't even broken ground.

There's a "newsletter" of sorts that gets sent out to all congregations each month. The "amount promised" and "amount received" bar charts remain pegged at or near those levels month after month, and the text of the newsletter rambles on about some pseudo-scriptural hullabaloo that has nothing to do with anything related to construction or donation.

I think the "glory years" of the Society saying "give us money" and the "brothers" falling all over themselves to fork over wheelbarrows of cash are long past.

And I think it has them worried.

• little witch
    little witch

WTBTS has millions invested in the market, not to mention land holdings and real estate. They can go on a long while on dividends alone.

LW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit