New Generation -- NO Thinking Allowed!

by UnDisfellowshipped 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The New, New, New, New Light on the Generation: JUST BELIEVE IT -- OR ELSE!

The Watchtower, August 1st, 2001 Issue, Page 14, Paragraph 8:

"First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.” By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided “at the proper time”—through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions—we can be sure that we maintain “oneness” with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge.—Matthew 24:45."

The Watchtower (Study Edition), April 15th, 2010 Issue, Pages 27-29:

"This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. ... What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37."

So, as you can see, you better believe this "adjusted understanding" or Jehovah will zap you for "independent thinking."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hey, who posted that pic where the jdubs' brains are left in a coatroom before entering the kingdumb hall? It fits.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I wonder if the GB realizes the fatigue that this damn doctrine has had on their flock. The part that doesn't care, doesn't care. The part that does care, doesn't want to hear another change.

The next time they change this should be via message in a bottle. The finder of it will automatically be appointed as a CO. (unless its a sister, then she gets to be the COW.)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Spoke with a family member who was never baptized but lingers and defends. I asked about the "Generation" change and she had no clue. When I asked her if she were of the same generation of her 82 year old grandfather she said "of course not". Then I informed her of how Freddy Franz died in 1992 and anyone born that year would be part of an overlapping two part generation. She said, "What?" I mentioned that I pionered for 9 years teaching the old teaching and that if I taught it today I would be DF'd and she couldn't talk to me. Then she said, "I don't care about all that generation stuff, all I know is that the bible says we are deep in the last days and the end is near." I said, "Well that proves one thing, the Bible would be right. But it doesn't mean the JW's are the only ones since all the fundementalists believe the same way." She was a little deflated.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you discover that your Dubbie is unaware of the change, you could get them to rubbish the new generation doctrine by proposing it as your thoughts on the matter and getting them to rubbish you and call you loopy, an Apostate, whatever.

If you manage this, you must control the urge to let the cat out of the bag.

Give them time to fix their current position in their minds before they get their spiritual foooood.

Good luck

Chris

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

I'd find this hilarious if it wasn't so damn...... well....frightening. I don't want these people around my son AT ALL. It's VERY Warren Jeffs/FLDS. Did you ever go to Youtube and listen to his recordings? It's really similar. Jeffs made almost the exact same proclamations right before they started building the YFZ Ranch. 0_o

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGqJIqe6LEE

This isn't the exact clip I was looking for, the one I was looking for was of Jeffs talking about never questioning the Prophet...I think some of the ideas are in the same context as the WTS.....

• besty
    besty

lol at black sheep - you is evil :-)

• Never_Enough
    Never_Enough

I don't understand why was the New Light on "this generation" needed, anyway?

1995 saw the elimination of the troublesome doctrine linking the "generation" to 1914 - very few of whom were alive then, even less (if any) now. Now they were a timeless "class" of people - first the wicked, then the annointed. This once-pivotal doctrine was now neutralized and neatly set aside. Why mess with it?

What possible motivation could there be? It couldn't be to impart any sense of "urgency" - the overlapping generation doctrine has pushed The End back another 30 or 50+ years. That's not "urgent" at all, so why bother?

Or, are they sifting out the ones who were intellectually dissatisfied to begin with, to have a core group of zealots who will believe anything they're spoonfed? (I remember a post by Mad Sweeney here). That would explain the mental pestering I seem to notice more and more.

• inbetween
    inbetween

well, I think it was the urgency issue.

With t e xample of Franz, its clear, where they are going. Many anointed, like most of the GB, are born somewhere in the 20-ties and 30-ties, maybe early 40-ties.

So they are now from 60 to 80 years old. Their lifes overlap with Franzies generation. Still they are alive, but already aged, which through the line they are implying, max 10 to 20 years for this system. because then the generation of overlappers also ceases.

Of course, there is always the open end loop-hole, meaning if in 20 years big A didnt come, still there are younger anointed alive, those who are now 40 or 50 years old...

So they can step by step keep the sense of urgency, without saying too much or spoiling the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit