New Generation -- NO Thinking Allowed!

by UnDisfellowshipped 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

A thought, draft a letter for the purpose of exposing the lunacy of the JW teaching..Give a copy to every church,

temple, and synagouge in your city..In the letter ( addres to the minister or whoever is in charge). The letter may

state for example . according to the teaching of the JW, every time your enter your place of worship you are worshipping

the Devil..Are you aware they have falsely predicted the world end six times since they became A organization over a

100yrs. ago.Are you aware if they left the JW org. and join yours they would be shunn by their family members for all time.

And are you aware in order to gain salvation they must submit whole soul and mine not too Jesus but to the governing

body of earthly men..If you what to learn more in the comfort of your home, please log on to JW.net. I am sorry for

going off the deep in, but these people still have my kids. I hate that org.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree with TD. It is ingenious.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Great ideas!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

There were 2 problems with the previous teaching that "generation" was the anointed. While they emphasized the idea that it would mean that the generation/anointed would still be alive at Armageddon, it gave no emphasis that the end was "soon". It just meant that there would need to be sipping and nibbling until big A came... whenever. The other problem would mean that the generation began at Pentecost 33CE, which would pinpoint the start of the Last Days... in 33CE. Oops. The disconnect from 1914 indicates that the Last Days would mean hundreds and thousands of years.

This new interpretation is terrible...

we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6)

"... It USUALLY refers..."? Sorry, if you look in the "Bible Encyclopedia" Insight in the entry "Generation", that is not even mentioned as a possible definition. Their "...varying ages whose lives overlap..." is nowhere near any definition for the word "generation".

The verse in Exodus actually disproves their point. I don't have the details at hand, but the mention of the death of Joseph and his "generation" means that his brothers and any others their age or older would be dead. It couldn't mean that many of the younger died also (as part of an overlapping "generation", because Moses was born only about 80 years later. If you look up "Jochabed" (Moses mother) in Insight, she was only the granddaughter, or perhaps even just the daughter of Levi. If their phoney definition of "generation" was applied to the account in Exodus, it would mean that everyone living at the time Joseph died, well, the whole population died quite some time before Moses was born. The entire notion is rubbish.

• Titus
    Titus

Billy, you well said in line with truth!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

that 93 year old has very little steam left.

Soooo...is the sky falling?

ESTEE

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Tomorrow is the day! All of your JW relatives/friends will be "studying" this "New Light" worldwide at the Kingdom Halls tomorrow!

• seawolf
    seawolf

They will leave with their spiritual KY jelly so their "new light" won't chaff during their Sunday night all-night spiritual masturbation session. So if you see witnesses come Monday morning with bloodshot eyes walking like they just got off the mechanical bull at Gilley's and seeing double of everything you'll know why.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Bible Dictionary

Generation definition

Gen. 2:4, "These are the generations," means the "history." 5:1, "The book of the generations," means a family register, or history of Adam. 37:2, "The generations of Jacob" = the history of Jacob and his descendants. 7:1, "In this generation" = in this age.

Ps. 49:19, "The generation of his fathers" = the dwelling of his fathers, i.e., the grave. Ps. 73:15, "The generation of thy children" = the contemporary race.

Isa. 53:8, "Who shall declare his generation?" = His manner of life who shall declare? or rather = His race, posterity, shall be so numerous that no one shall be able to declare it.

In Matt. 1:17, the word means a succession or series of persons from the same stock. Matt. 3:7, "Generation of vipers" = brood of vipers. 24:34, "This generation" = the persons then living contemporary with Christ.

1 Pet. 2:9, "A chosen generation" = a chosen people. The Hebrews seem to have reckoned time by the generation. In the time of Abraham a generation was an hundred years, thus: Gen. 15:16, "In the fourth generation" = in four hundred years (comp. verse 13 and Ex. 12:40). In Deut. 1:35 and 2:14 a generation is a period of thirty-eight years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit