Ray Franz has had a stroke

by coffee_black 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I am saddened to learn of Ray's stroke....I first heard about Ray back in 1981 when I was quite young, and heard the "bad ol' apostate" rumors....Then I got to hear of the other side when I was 18 when I first read Penton's Apocalypse Delayed, and a few years later I read COC and then ISOCF when it was hot off the press.....I loved his gentle approach in presenting what was devastating information about the organization, and I am sure it helped me a great deal in finally leaving for good. I regret not expressing my gratitude to him personally, although I did have a brief email exchange once.

I send him my love and best wishes to his wife and all his loved ones....

• boyzone
    boyzone

He is my hero. Without his courage to write what he knew, I would be spending my life under the control of the Watchtower Society. Now I'm free, thanks to that wonderful wonderful man.

• etna
    etna

Reading sooner7nc post only goes to show what sort of man Ray is, always thinking of others. I'll be thinking of him and Cynthia from Australia, wishing them both all the best and my love.

Etna

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

I'm really sad to hear this news. I've read both his books, CoC in Dutch and after that SoCF in English. I'm glad I thanked him by e-mail a few months ago. I received a lovely reply back, which I really appreciated. My prayers are with him and Cynthia. He will life on forever thanks to his fantastic books and courage.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The man has been an inspiration to many. Much love and gratitude to him and his wife for all they have done....

• dozy
    dozy

Poor Ray - my heart goes out to him & his wife.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

It will be very sad when he does pass, as he must at some time.

I remember his leaving the WT. I wish i had read his book 12 years ago when i left.

I feel for his wife, she is also to be admired for following and supporting her couragous husband.

oz

• Terri_OS
    Terri_OS

I'm really sorry to hear this. What an amazing man to dedicate his life to help so many.

• hubert
    hubert

Ray's books are some of the most powerful weapons against the untruth of the Watchtower Society. If a J.W. has any doubts about the Watchtower being the truth and reads C of C, it will clinch the deal for them.

Thank you Ray, for helping so many see the true light. Cynthia, may all your friends help you cope with what you are going through in this sad time.

Hubert

• bohm
    bohm

Ray Franz is one of my heroes. He is in my mind a personification of the positive qualities i associate with being a christian. I have often thought that the reason the GB insist on people shunning others and smear people who leave is because a man like Ray Franz is a continious reminder that they themself are to cowardly and to full of themselves to be humble and investigate the many things they, deep in their hearts, know are not good.

I dont really blame them. I dont think i could have done it.

I hope Cynthia has loved ones around to offer her comfort in these hard days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit