What happened to all the JW talk about the King of the North and Peace & Security?

by Think About It 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

It seems to get pinned on whoever the USA feels threatened by at any given time, since they're cock sure that the King of the South is the USA, unless that's changed too.

They change their minds on this stuff like girls change their days of the week panties....who can keep up?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They no longer know who the North applies to. I remember about 5 years ago my elder Cousin in law asking my father who it was now that Russia has collapsed. I barely held myself back from asking "I they were wrong about Russia, why would care what the GB now say it is now? They obviously have no idea what they are talking about."

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here is a thread I posted a few years back that is connected to this King of the North topic:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/50250/1/New-Light-on-the-United-Nations-U-N-Scarlet-Beast

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

the bible clearly reveals the king of the north and king of the south, it removes the guesswork. Just seems nobody takes the time to actually read their bible? I don't know.....

• wobble
    wobble

The King of the North and South are long dead.

Daniels book is a book of pre-christian Apocalyptic mainly aimed at Antiochus Epiphanes (God Manifest) the sweet guy who offered up a pig on the altar of the temple in Jerusalem.

The Gospel writers had their own agenda in trying to make it a prophecy extending beyond the 2nd century B.C.

The WT are keeping quiet on this until a suitable political situation emerges and then they will proclaim who the K of the N & S are.

And be wrong again.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The book Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy released in 1999 was, I believe, the last official word on the status of the King of the North

And what was their pearl of wisdom? "We are wise not to speculate!"

• Think About It
    Think About It
    The book Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy released in 1999 was, I believe, the last official word on the status of the King of the North
    And what was their pearl of wisdom? "We are wise not to speculate!"

Interesting. Didn't know about this book since it was printed in 99' and I left in 95'. Thanks.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit